Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Stonehenge »
'Stonehenge and the Druids' talk Penzance Apr...

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
andy worthington
25 posts

'Stonehenge and the Druids' talk Penzance Apr...
Apr 19, 2005, 11:54
Hi all,
I'm giving a talk to the Cornish Earth Mysteries Group (all welcome) on Thursday 28th April at 7:30pm at the Acorn Theatre, Parade Street, Penzance (£2.50 entrance).
The talk is entitled 'Stonehenge and the Druids' and I'll be looking at the appearance of the Ancient Order of Druids and the Ancient Druid Order at the start of the 20th century, the role played by Gerald Gardner and Ross Nichols in the 1950s and early 1960s, and the proliferation of Druid Orders in the last 20 years or so - including the Loyal Arthurian Warband, the Secular Order, the Glastonbury Order and the British Druid Order.
All the best,
Andy

Andy is the author of Stonehenge: Celebration and Subversion, described by Mike Pitts as 'the most complete, well-illustrated analysis of Stonehenge's mysterious world of Druids, travellers, pagans and partygoers'.
Further info at: www.hoap.co.uk/alternative.htm
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re: 'Stonehenge and the Druids' talk
Apr 20, 2005, 10:13
...Hi Andy.
Do you have any talks planned for Bristol/Bath or Salisbury areas?
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: 'Stonehenge and the Druids' talk Penzance...
Apr 20, 2005, 14:39
That sounds grand... wish I could be there! I'm gonna copy Wiggy here and ask if you're planning any slightly more east? I'm thinking Hampshire, but Wiltshire'd do!

G x
andy worthington
25 posts

Re: 'Stonehenge and the Druids' talk
Apr 22, 2005, 12:21
Hi Wiggy,
You just missed me in Bristol - I was at the Kebele Kulture Projekt in Easton last month. I am going to be bringing the show to Stroud in June, however, as part of Stroud Open Studios. The photo exhibition will be on at Woodroffe's organic cafe at the top of Stroud High Street throughout June, opening on the evening of June 2nd with a showing of 'Operation Solstice' and me giving a talk. I'll post further details nearer the time.
All the best,
Andy
andy worthington
25 posts

Apr 22, 2005, 12:23
Hi Goffik,
Nothing in Hampshire/Wiltshire as yet. Any ideas about any earth mysteries groups, pagan groups or anarchist groups to approach?
All the best,
Andy
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Apr 22, 2005, 14:31
Andy,

I'd contact this lot for starters if you did fancy doing a talk in Southampton or the Hampshire area. They are the fountain of all knowledge, and blooming lovely people! :o)

http://www.octoberbooks.org/links.htm

I'd e.mail the October Books link for starters. There is an Environmental Day at The Hobbit Pub, Southampton on the 30th April but think you've probably just missed that one!

Nat
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Apr 22, 2005, 15:15
Good call, Nat! Sorry, Andy - nearly missed your response here...

I can't think of anything other than what Nat said, I'm afraid! I'll have a think...

G x
Nat
Nat
1905 posts

Apr 22, 2005, 15:41
"I can't think of anything other than what Nat said, I'm afraid! I'll have a think..."

Andy could do a private talk at your house! I'd come along and bring a bottle (or 4) and could get Izzy along with dips and bread sticks!! :op
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Apr 22, 2005, 17:31
Mmmmmm... dips and breadsticks....

G x
Blonde
Blonde
16 posts

Apr 22, 2005, 17:49
Hi Andy

There are a couple of pagan groups in Southampton - one at the University and a local group that has a monthly moot in the city centre. The local group is run (as far as these things are run by any one person) by a guy called Nick Ford. I don't have any contact details myself but I think they advertise the moot in Pagan Dawn...

cheers
Blonde
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index