This topic is locked

Pages: 10 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
fitzcoraldo
fitzcoraldo
2709 posts

Atlantis Grid, DNA, Energy, Wormwood by L. Savage
Apr 10, 2005, 10:16
Fred and Wilma Flintstone and their best friends, Barney and Betty Rubble, live in the prehistoric city of Bedrock but faces the problems of contemporary working-class life. After a day at the rock quarry, Fred and Barney arrive home in a stone-age vehicle with stone wheels and a fringe on top. Their lives revolve around their home, friends, and leisure activities: a world of drive-ins, bowling, and their "Water Buffalo" lodge. They have a baby dinosaur and a saber tooth tiger as the family dog and cat. In 1962 and 1963, Pebbles and Bamm Bamm appears as the daughter and adopted son of the Flintstones and Rubbles respectively.

http://bedrock.deadsquid.com/
swanvesta
26 posts

Re: Atlantis Grid, DNA, Energy, Wormwood by L. Sav
Apr 10, 2005, 12:56
What utter bollocks, don't know why I wasted my time reading that.

Try reading "Fair-weather Eden" by Mike Pitts and Mark Roberts for a dose of reality regarding the Palaeolithic.

SW
follow that cow
follow that cow
277 posts

Re:fao TMA ed
Apr 10, 2005, 13:10
I have a gripe --- Roman remains are outwith the scope of this forum(and fair enough, I can live with that) --- yet Mr Creepy and his fantasy/delusions/illness of reptilian empires are allowed -- his continued contribution demeans what is otherwise a very sound and enjoyable web site.

As Oscar said,"One of us has got to go."
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Apr 10, 2005, 13:23
Although site posts of R*man stuff is not within the TMA remit several forum threads have discussed such things.

For now I suggest doing what most people do with my posts and don't read Mike's if you feel they will be irrelevant :-)

Replying (even to say "what utter shite!") only encourages more posts.
swanvesta
26 posts

Apr 10, 2005, 13:44
>> Replying (even to say "what utter shite!") only encourages more posts.

True, but I was thinking in the wider context – a stranger drops in on the forum and sees the drivel above, what opinion do they form of the website? A group of people interested in the serious study of the prehistory of Britain/Europe or a bunch of New World Order cranks?

Mike's entitled to his opinions and fantasies but we're entitled to flag up bullshit when it happens, especially if it impacts on the reputation of the site.

SW
StoneLifter
StoneLifter
1594 posts

Apr 10, 2005, 13:54
Reptiles are ok - and disappearing at an ever faster rate. Too much attention is paid to bloody dinosaurs when the most widespread species are dropping off their perches at an ever increasing rate.

The Life Aquatic is a pleasant recent film that deals with the natural world in a straightforward and easy to understand way. No megaliths in it though.
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Apr 10, 2005, 15:15
And where would you care to draw this particular line? Dowsing? Ley hunting? UFOlogy? One man's crank is another man's visionary. If the prevailing wisdom of the day had always won through, we'd still be talking about a flat earth.

Don't get me wrong - I think the this post is the biggest load of old bollocks I've ever seen. But I fail to see how you can possibly draw some artificial distinction between what outlandish theories are or aren't consider acceptable on the forum.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Apr 10, 2005, 15:40
I agree. Drawing distinctions is impossible so ignoring stuff is the only option available.

However, there's no harm in saying when stuff is harmful as well as outlandish e.g in the case of the flag issue on the other thread. Especially as it arises again here - that link has links to stuff determined to show a small and very special group of Wall St financiers bankrolled Hitler's rise. This is a core theme of the source guru, David "I'm not antisemitic but" Eyke.
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Apr 10, 2005, 18:27
I agree. I have no problem with people flagging this rubbish as ridiculous. The only issue I have is with the suggestion that there should be some form of censorship on TMA.
follow that cow
follow that cow
277 posts

Re:Romans v Reptoids
Apr 10, 2005, 20:27
Problem is that I kind of agree with everyone.

but..

Censorship - big word ..... and a serious issue! However, we have to get real here, either TMA is a subject specific site, contributed to by a group of eclectic and knowledgeable amateurs interested in the ancient sites of Britain and Ireland or it is a free for all noticeboard, where any topic, however ridiculous or infantile, is accepted within an amorphic umbrella global free speech morality.

There are a myriad of sites and publications dealing with the interests of Mr. Croley, some of which I personally dip into from time to time. No harm in that. But, surely this isn't one of those sites?

My original post brought up the slightly fatuous issue of the Romans and their exclusion from TMA and the ridiculous scenario of us accepting the loony suggestion of reptile empires under the broad banner of freedom of speech while slapping on the wrist those that mention PAX ROMANUM.

In the interest of fairness we can't have one rule for the Romans and another for the Reptoids, can we?

I know that the best thing to do would be to ignore the posts that I dislike, but that's the fun of a chatroom, getting involved, I would dearly love to rip into Mr Croley and his Reptoids but I seriously believe that this is not the correct forum for such exchanges and that this should be pointed out to Mr Croley.

FTC
Pages: 10 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index