Megalithic Poems

Pages: 97 – [ Previous | 137 38 39 40 41 42 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Be reassured
Oct 12, 2006, 21:28
This topic (even after tarting up) is like shuddering next to the Manchester Ship Canal in a snowstorm.

You're skating dangerously close to the edge sir - pity, because your posts on things megalithic are generally well presented when you bother to address them correctly. You seem, however, to suffer from SMD (selective memory disorder) choosing posts (or parts of posts) that offer you the opportunity to be confrontational. That is your choice of course, unfortunately it generally leads to people being banned. Worse, and you may have already noticed this happening, of being ignored.

My advice to you is to go out and indulge in a little retail therapy - lighten up a bit, enjoy the soft autumn we're having, buy a new hat for when things turn colder. When you've done that you might check on your medication, make sure it's the right one, or up the dosage a bit (not too much of course) And when you've got all that sorted, why not think carefully before posting - who knows, with a little practice you might start making sense in a consistent sort of way and, with even a little more practice, you might even start making friends.

Good luck - you're going to need it.

PS Philip Larkin once wrote of Charles Causley -

Ah, CHARLES, be reassured! For you
Make lasting friends with all you do,
And all you write; your truth and sense
We count on as a sure defence
Against the trendy and the mad
The feeble and the downright bad.

PPS You may of course reply to this post - don't expect a reply.

dixi
whatisthat
255 posts

Re: Be reassured
Oct 13, 2006, 07:20
Littlestone wrote:
You're skating dangerously close to the edge sir - pity, because your posts on things megalithic are generally well presented when you bother to address them correctly. You seem, however, to suffer from SMD (selective memory disorder) choosing posts (or parts of posts) that offer you the opportunity to be confrontational. That is your choice of course, unfortunately it generally leads to people being banned. Worse, and you may have already noticed this happening, of being ignored.

Thanks for the lecture 'stone.

Please re-read your post ( http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=23046&message=450628 ). Is this not a reference to this post of mine: http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=23046&message=439237 ? I thought you were ignoring me.

You alluded to my quote and I replied. If you found my reply (or participation in this website) offensive then please complain to the management. If you have a case then I am sure that TMA Ed will oblige and delete my account.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Oct 13, 2006, 09:18
I'm sure no-one needs to go telling teacher as the Eds read the threads and run the forum as they see fit.

My only regret is that the two threads where you'd expect no ill-feeling, just a pleasant and contemplative exchange of opinions on poetry and painting, are the very ones that seem to be attracting it.
I certainly hope self-moderation or editorial intervention puts them back to where they might be expected to be.

But like Littlestone I'm not up for further dialogue on the subject - for the very reasons mentioned above.
whatisthat
255 posts

Oct 13, 2006, 09:54
nigelswift wrote:
My only regret is that the two threads where you'd expect no ill-feeling, just a pleasant and contemplative exchange of opinions on poetry and painting, are the very ones that seem to be attracting it.

Reality check please. If anyone wishes to use this 'pleasant and contemplative exchange of opinions' to have a pop at whatisthat, then please expect a reply. If you do not want my participation in this topic then just ignore me (as Littlestone advised).
whatisthat
255 posts

Oct 13, 2006, 10:03
Littleston wrote:
When you've done that you might check on your medication, make sure it's the right one, or up the dosage a bit (not too much of course) And when you've got all that sorted...

Personal abuse. Calling TMA Ed - I would like to make a complaint about this abusive post and the general trolling by Littlestone instigated by this post:
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=23046&message=450628
nigelswift
8112 posts

Oct 13, 2006, 10:14
"Personal abuse. Calling TMA Ed - I would like to make a complaint about this abusive post and the general trolling by Littlestone instigated by this post"

Quite right. He shouldn't have said it. I'm sure he will apologise.
If the Eds call him to task I hope he will plead intolerable provocation and that they will be sympathetic.

Now I really am going to ignore you and not even read any of your posts as you display every sign of wishing to be the centre of attention by any available means, which is damaging to the atmosphere of any forum.
whatisthat
255 posts

Calling Nigel
Oct 13, 2006, 10:42
nigelswift wrote:
... intolerable provocation ...

Eh? Where?

nigelswift wrote:

Now I really am going to ignore you and not even read any of your posts...

All I can say is thank goodness you won't be replying to this.
ratbag
1 posts

Re: Fiona Colligan-Yano - Bodmin Moor
Oct 13, 2006, 22:48
hi

That is cool - that is my poem. Where did u find it and the other one about the burial mound on porth island?

Fiona
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: Fiona Colligan-Yano - Bodmin Moor
Oct 14, 2006, 08:17
Hi Fiona

chris s doesn't post here that often so it may be awhile before he answers you. Two great poems of yours though and if you have any more on a megalithic theme please post them. You may also be interested in the Megalithic Poems blog here -

http://megalithicpoems.blogspot.com/
follow that cow
follow that cow
277 posts

poem o/t
Oct 14, 2006, 15:42
O wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as ithers see us!
It wad frae mony a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion

http://www.robertburns.org/works/97.shtml
Pages: 97 – [ Previous | 137 38 39 40 41 42 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic