Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Help Please!
Jul 09, 2004, 06:33
Welcome back indeed!

However...

> So Goffick you admit to staying in Rock, must be rolling in it! I thought it was only the royal family and hangers on who could afford to stay there nowadays. Driving around in thier 4x4s with a surf board stuck on the roof, popping up to Port Issac for a latte.....

Hahaa! Well, not quite, but I know what you mean! I work with someone whose family are from there - grandparent died and left them her gaff, so they now let it out as a holiday home (sometimes as cheap as £25 a night!) - I spend very little time wherever I'm staying, so to be honest, I could be anywhere! But the flat itself is really comfy and warm and roomy. The pub down the road (Pityme Inn) is a bit expensive, but the food's nice. And there's a holy well just up the road! On the sodding golf course, granted, but hey ho!

Last time we went we stayed in Readymoney Cove - now THERE'S posh! ;o) That was fantastic and we shall DEFINATELY be going back there... Still relatively central but changes the radius of places to visit sufficiently. Closest we got to The Lizard was the Roseland Peninsula - I find it so very peaceful down there, although some of the places are a little unfriendly (Veryan, although a pretty little village, isn't the friendliest of places in my experience, but nice to visit if you don't have to talk to anyone!)

;o)

G x

G x

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index