What Is It??

82 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: What Is It??
Jun 20, 2004, 20:23
I, also, will add to this thread cos I reckon it'll get interesting when everyone's back from their solstice excursions (probably why it's been quiet!)

I visited Arbor Low last year on a meandering return visit from Yorkshire... We avoided as much motorway as we could and found ourselve in the vicinity, so couldn't resist!

Seconds before we arrived, 2 large car loads of "older" visitors turned up. They seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves, bless 'em! I think it has a very odd look to it - not really like anything I've been to before... In a good way, I think... It was difficult to enjoy the solitude of the place with the rampant oldies screaming with laughter every few seconds, but I think that really added in some way to the "happy" feel - they really were lapping up the atmosphere! As a complete contradiction to the happy bit, I also feel it was a bit sombre - almost as if it were saying "alright, you've had yer fun, but remember where you are!" I really would love to go back as it was only a flying visit (had to get back to Southampton and it was getting on a bit!)

I doubt that helps, but it's a start! Good luck and welcome...

G x
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index