Site shifting

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mr Hamhead
Mr Hamhead
1020 posts

Site shifting
Jan 18, 2004, 22:32
Can someone tell me why Carburrow Tor has suddenly shifted from the Bodmin Moor section to Lands End? Is it my fault?
Mr Hamhead
Mr Hamhead
1020 posts

Re: Site shifting
Jan 21, 2004, 18:15
I have also just noticed that Kent's Cavern is in the Cornwall section when it should be over the border in England....sorry, Devon!
....and while we are having a moan....why is it that in the Cornwall section we have seperate sites for East Cornwall, North Cornwall and Mid Cornwall and then countless other sites where ancient monuments are allowed to roam freely across the web. Is it not time someone in command hearded them all up, either that or freed those locked in their own little areas (whicj have very strange boundrys).

Right, im going now....
pure joy
pure joy
334 posts

Jan 21, 2004, 20:36
yeah, kent's Cavern is one of my most shameful moments! I was young, foolish, reckless....drunk?? :-] God knows how I managed to put it in Mid-Cornwall?

On and off I have made suggestions to the Eds for changes to individual sites in Cornwall, and they have always done them quickly and perfectly.

I also suggested and wrote down a complete new structure for Cornwall for when the great restructure / cull comes. I'm happy to help when that happens, but I have no idea when it might.......
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Jan 21, 2004, 21:26
Weird. I noticed your interesting bits about the poss dolmen & when I saw it was under Land's End I had a closer look coz Jane & I are of to the Land's End area in March.

When I realised it's not that near Land's End at all, I emailed Hob (who put Carburrow Tor on in the first place) to ask him why he'd put it under Land's End.... Haven't had a reply yet, but mebbe he's as confused about it as we are! From what you're saying maybe he didn't put it there in the first place!!!!

Was it deffo under Bodmin when you added the dolmen or mebbe did you just find the Carburrow page without noticing it was incorrectly under Land's End?

Anyway, if everyone agrees it's on Bodmin Moor I'm sure the Eds'll move it to the right section for us - they're dead good like that! I think they generally like people to point stuff like this out.

love

Moth
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

My fault
Jan 21, 2004, 22:04
Not your fault at all Mr H.
It's the result of my initial over-keen inept posting when i first discovered Mr Cpoe's book had a website. I thought I'd sorted them all out, at least Carburrow's not as bad as the one I put in the middle of the channel with a dodgy grid ref (which wasn't even a "proper" site as it turned out). Sorry it took you to post and Moth to mail me to get me to realise it was in the wrong place.

Question for the TMA Eds though, if I delete and re-post the site, does Mr Hamhead have to do the same with his posts?

Apologies for crapness on my part,

Hob
TMA Ed
615 posts

Re: My fault
Jan 21, 2004, 22:09
No need to delete anything.

What site needs to go in what section?

Let us know and it shall be done.
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Jan 21, 2004, 22:27
Hiya

As none of the others seem to be around, Carburrow Tor & it's subsite (the dolmen) need moving out of the Land's End section, either to be 'loose' in Cornwall (given my hate of the subdivisions, that'd be my preference) or into the Bodmin Moor section.

love

Moth
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Jan 21, 2004, 23:31
What he said.

Cheers Eds (and Moth)
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Jan 22, 2004, 11:57
Ulp! Just had another look and there aren't any 'loose sites in the Cornwall section coz it's joined up with Devon. So Carburrow'd haveta go in the 'Bodmin etc' bit....

love

Moth
Mr Hamhead
Mr Hamhead
1020 posts

Seperate Cornwall
Jan 22, 2004, 18:58
A big thank you to you all for sorting this out, and to Hob for taking the blame!
Here starts the petition for Cornwall to have its own section, Devon's big enough to look after its self now I think.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index