The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Thanks Rhiannon!

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
221 posts

Thanks Rhiannon!
Nov 11, 2003, 15:57
The smashing boy and I keep meaning to put details of the new finds on Tresco up. We wanted everyone to know what the generally disliked Robert Dorrien-Smith was planning to do. Thanks Rhiannon for your posting! It seems trouble has been averted by 15 metres. Do we trust him?

We also promise to have pictures and a few notes on other Scilly sites soon. Its a beautiful wonderful stunning place. I liked the orange winkles best.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Re: Thanks Rhiannon!
Nov 11, 2003, 16:02
How generous of him to move his plans so far. Far enough I suppose. I suppose he would have had some pretty bad publicity if he'd flown in the face of local opinion. Though that doesn't stop everyone eh.
Look forward to reading your notes - get on with it and put them up before it all goes out of your head:)
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
221 posts

Nov 11, 2003, 16:20
Good point...I can at least do the photos now...
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Nov 11, 2003, 16:24
See my postings of Nornour pics taken when I was a very young Antiquarian. I understand that the Tresco settlement is similar to Nornour
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Nov 11, 2003, 16:37
well how strange you should have posted them - sychronicity that.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
221 posts

Nov 11, 2003, 16:42
The smashing boy's favourite place is Nornour (or Noonoo as I kept mis-calling it). He'll be chuffed to see the pics...
Earthstepper
Earthstepper
353 posts

Nov 11, 2003, 17:22
Glad I kept them for such a long time. Landings on Nornour were very tricky - launch, plank over the side and wet feet. I understand that the site has suffered somewhat from being exposed, but I'd love to go back again. We had the island to ourselves and were able to freely explore the settlement. Wonderful!
The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index