Yo Jane

17 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Five
Five
960 posts

Re: Rollrights
Aug 14, 2003, 18:27
It's part of a larger interest... A bit complicated.

Musicians / artists channel energy, often without thought to what that energy might be or what it might represent or how it might affect anyone else who runs into it. I found that those musicians I most respected (Coltrane, Hendrix, Cope, many others) were (at least semi-)consciously channelling particular things, with respect to their audience and the world/multiverse/etc. I also found that all places (and people - maybe "all events in space-time" is a good way to put it) have energy, and that it could be expressed or at least implied through my fingers and guitar if I got my brain out of the way. Then it's a question of where I'm going to be, who or what I'm going to be expressing.

I'm going to be expressing something no matter where I am - that's what I do - so I try to be a fairly pure conduit so far as my particular body, mind, and society will allow it. I also try to place my antenna where something especially charged might come through it, when the opportunity presents - not so often as I'd like, since I only got this far in my thinking around the time I moved west 2 years ago - it's been a full coupla years!

Cope's lyrics and concepts helped point out the megaliths, as did various friends, shamen, bits of asscociated reading and chance encounters. I have not been able to visit Europe - yet. When I'm ready (properly in tune, I suppose) I'll find my way.

I have checked out some natural energies (Devil's Tower) and some manmade ones (Ohio serpent mound) but the Devil's Tower tape is missing (weird place, maybe just as well) and I chose not to play music at the snake.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index