"The" Goddess

23 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shestu
Shestu
373 posts

Re: Goddess
Jul 09, 2003, 17:05
Interesting tidbit.... while in labor my family asked a clergyman to give me a blessing. While he was doing his thing, I realized that I was watching the whole process from the upper corner of the room. Eventually I thought... how is it that I can see myself and this man from this perspective. I felt no pain and it was sooo peaceful. As I became fearful of what was happening my consciousness quickly popped into my body and I was looking at it all through my physical eyes again. My sister did the same thing when she had a terrible migraine.... realized she was floating above herself and her husband asleep in bed thought she had died. Then popped back in.

Just a long way of saying that maybe somethings cannot be labeled or symbolized. Sometimes understanding the symbology is just a marker on the road telling me that the thing I am trying to define is far greater than I can comprehend.... it points the direction but the experience is up to me. As I release the need to limit it, I can reach the unknowable/undefineable.... never with my mind but with my heart 8o)

Shestu

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index