"The" Goddess

23 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shestu
Shestu
373 posts

Re: Goddess
Jul 08, 2003, 22:29
I do not know what Cope or anyone else has stated about a world wide Mother Goddess.... or however it was stated.

I would like to think that female artifacts carvings etc., were held as sacred because they symbolized the ability to create new life. I don't know about any of you but I still marvel at the magic of a new born child, a tiny seed becoming a new born plant, tree etc. Seems to me that some divine intervention orchestrated it. I hope there was a reverence about hovering between life and death. Since I and my son almost died while trying to birth him, I always wonder how many women or children died in this process. (Could be talking shite and they knew how to perform a C-section.)

Could it be that this is the reason for these figurines all over the world in one form or another.

By the way I currently believe in past and future lives... Don't believe that anyone who wants to experience birthing a child has not been able, in one life or another. I think this is just the cloak I am wearing this time around.

Namaste

Shestu

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index