The Village Pump »
Things Solar

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Things Solar
Jan 03, 2024, 10:45
Musing about the possible vulnerability of digital records - pro books and paper, me - I’ve been on a YT delve and found ‘The Truth About The 2025 Internet Apocalypse’ on Dr Ben Miles seemingly very good channel. This vid, only five months old, is now out of date as this Solar Cycle is now proving to be much more violent. A Carrington Event, which played havoc with electrical systems in Victorian times, is overdue… as is, it seems, one ten times stronger which happens once in a thousand years. What effect today? I think incalculable. Doom corner: a solar eruption in the ‘70s nearly lead to a nuclear launch. Dot, dot, dot..
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Re: Things Solar
Jan 03, 2024, 12:03
...and, on that bright note: Happy new year!! X
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Jan 04, 2024, 01:47
Boom boom!
Back atcha Dude
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Jan 06, 2024, 12:34
Plans for 2024?

I'm still making music with Thought Bubble - and will be doing guest percussion slots with sonic chums at a few lovely little festivals, this Summer. Nothing up north in the diary yet, but things in Northamptonshire, Devon and Worcestershire, so far.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jan 09, 2024, 13:33
Whats your Northamptonshire date KC? Always on the look out for interesting festivals round here
Kid Calamity
9047 posts

Jan 09, 2024, 17:44
Tannerfest: https://www.facebook.com/tannerfest/

No bands have been announced yet.
spencer
spencer
3071 posts

Re: Things Solar - DIGITAL VULNERABILITY: GET HARD COPIES!!!!
Feb 17, 2024, 16:51
I suggest watching the YT vid ‘UK Government plans to destroy YOUR family history’ … wills are to be digitally scanned and then the paper copies destroyed. This has already happened to medical and property records. A strong solar flare of the magnitude I’ve mentioned: pfft. All gone. This is no joke. And this latest digitisation move, only recently announced, can only be objected to before the 23rd of this month.
The Village Pump Index