543 posts

Blixa quits the Bad Seeds
Mar 06, 2003, 05:40
http://www.mute.com/nickcave/bargeld.html
Murray
191 posts

Re: Blixa quits the Bad Seeds
Mar 06, 2003, 06:13
Oh, shame that is. Funnily enough, i was just listening to FM Einheit's soundtrack of 'Radio Inferno', with Blixa as narrator, when i read your message - strange!
Neil Hamburger
Neil Hamburger
173 posts

Mar 06, 2003, 09:01
All those weapon inspection trips must have got him down.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Mar 06, 2003, 10:42
Big wow. He's one of the most over-rated chancers ever to walk this earth. Got a lot of credit for doing feck all - it's Mick Harvey that holds the Badseeds together.
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Mar 06, 2003, 12:12
so his role in Einsturzende Neubauten counts for nought?
funny that cos I think that band's 'kin great.
Plus Blixa has contributed quite a bit to the bad Seeds, co-written songs, sung the other vocal part etc, played that luvlee noise guitar on the first coupla lps that seemed to be coming back on the new one.

i think its a shame he was leaving
but he was getting somewhaty sidelinesd wasn't he? Think Warren Ellis was moving further stage centre etc
Stevo
Np Faust 71 minutes of Munic/Yesterday
AumRock
9 posts

Mar 06, 2003, 16:24
Any En fans out there should have a look at http://www.neubauten.org/
and support the band in their quest to produce an album without a label - great goodies for those who signup - only USD35
Check it out...
Telepathine
371 posts

Mar 06, 2003, 17:13
Ahh, you got there before me RE: Einsturzende'... I actually prefer them to Nicks output.
Thought ole 'Blixa and his pals had a massive influence on 'industrial' music, esp on Coil and Depeche Mode (no tthat i want to mention them really).
Picked the right day to leave though 03:03:03 (do ya think he left them at (03:03:03 AM too?)
Dwight Fried
543 posts

Mar 06, 2003, 21:26
Well, obviously Mick Harvey plays a much more crucial role in the group, but I admired Blixas' ability to lay back and provide atmosphere as needed. Perhaps his apalling taste in hats as of late got him fired.
Anyway, the Cave/Harvey/Bargeld triumvirate lasted 20 years-the end of an era (sigh)
StarryEyes
StarryEyes
46 posts

Mar 06, 2003, 22:57
Is it true he does the Mummy noises in 'The Mummy', or is one of those Bob-Holness-played-sax-on-Baker-Street type myths?

Still, a glittering career ahead. He did always give Nick Cave a run for his money on the visual front. Worth seeing the Bad Seeds' greatest hits video just to see who looks most mental out of the two of them in each video.

Nick of course wins due to the crack (heroin, etc, etc) advantage.
Unsung Forum Index