Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

anyone know?
Mar 04, 2003, 17:49
where the drop is?

i assume it's a club in london -dunno not listred in time out and thisislondon is useless now

hints - directions even
spectacerly even
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Re: anyone know?
Mar 05, 2003, 16:34
It's Aldwych Disuse Tube Station - heh :?)

thedropcollective have Jazzie B, Jimpster, Solid Groove, Shur-I-Kan, Trevor Loveys (House of 909) there that night. Does anyone have any recent stuff of theirs (or bits), they could burn etc. for me?

I'm on the guest list *wriggles excitedly* never been on one of them before
Telepathine
371 posts

Mar 05, 2003, 17:17
Never heard of The Drop ?
Hope you have a great time. Used to work in a record shop many moons ago, so in my experience guest lists are a mixed blessing, been to a few gigs where your supposed to be on it, then you turn up and they've forgotten to add your name, so you look like a bit of a prune. Or some awkward bouncer decides your face deosn't fit, so he 'accidentally' overlooks your name. Anyhow, fingers crossed for ya!
Joanna
Joanna
658 posts

Mar 05, 2003, 17:20
have also been to gigs with no paying customers, ONLY the guest list and other liggers have turned up :)
Telepathine
371 posts

Mar 05, 2003, 17:41
Mmm, that's my kinda gig!
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Mar 05, 2003, 21:16
how long's that been going?
just had me asking whether it was where I almost completely missed seeing Test DEpt. back in 1984.
Though that could as easily be somewhere else
Aldwych -that's East end London ain't it?
or is that Aldgate?

Whatever, in '84 Test DEpt played a temporarily closed Railway Statio somewhere in London
+I've just been reminded of it by you saying Disuse Railwayu station
helpful; huh?
Stevo
Np Unknown Soldier Doors
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Mar 05, 2003, 21:19
Cannon Street Station

Just answer my own question.
http://www.esophagus.com/test-dept/history.html
came from there.

Must've been temporarily closed as I recall.
I tried to get off at the station then found the train didn't stop and I had to change trains to reach the closest stop.
innuhresting huh?
Joanna
Joanna
658 posts

Mar 06, 2003, 12:56
Yeah they r fun but NOT when someone was expecting the place to be rammed with munny waving punters. Last time this happened we found all the flyers that should have been erm flown, were still in boxes in the office. Which would explain the DEATHLY ECHOING SILENCE in the empty club :)
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

The Drop
Mar 06, 2003, 16:52
Did they get the name from the Eno album or vice versa perhaps? Or are they both references to something I'm not getting?
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Re: The Drop
Mar 06, 2003, 17:06
Dunno if i 'member I'll ask when I go - not sure how coherent the reply will be tho' ;-)
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index