Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Acid Mothers Temple....????? I am lost.

10 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mr Dreadful
15 posts

Re: Acid Mothers Temple....????? I am lost.
Feb 22, 2003, 11:13
Hello! Yep i sort of fell in the acid mothers melting pot by accident (ie money in pocket and the depresseed need to buy something!,or piss it up the wall in t'pub) i lucked out and got Absolutely Freakout(Zap your Mind) which seems a good place to start featuring lokts of extended early THE pink floyd space jams,quiter song interludes the whole mish mash of temple expereince as i understand it (little i'll admit).Old Copey recomends PAtaphysical Freakout MU!,which i've not heard...its sort of HOW MANY do you need?....I was told on buying 'Freakout' (naturally coerced by my baser instincts cos of naked gurls on the front .hurr,hurr) by my friendly alt record store chappy,that i would find it 'offensive'...being form a more garage punk background y'understand..so i shamefaceldy walked away and bought it cheaper somewhere else...It's great......i then follwed up with 'do what you want ,dont do what you doint want!' which is a compilation of one hor long and marvellous acid mothers rag rock thing and then all their offshoots and friends,all interestiung,not all marvy tho....Then in a sale in got ,on VINYL no less the sublime and far different to make it all the more confusing, "La Novia"...starts of with monkish chanting and takes off other 2 sides of a simple 5 note pattern which rises ,fades,rises,extemporises and fades again...its bloody bliss (if you like dat sort of thing)...I'd go for that,easi;y....Id certainly NOT go for the new one " ELECTRIC HEAVYLAND" which is 4 tracks of sheer noise,and went straight back to the shop....i bet yr even more confused,eh....why not just get some head to tape some for you? (i'd be willing)....cheers...

Unsung Forum Index