Unsung Forum »
Big Brother

7 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Telepathine
371 posts

Re: Big Brother
Feb 13, 2003, 23:24
I buy and copy lots of music, in fact since starting to share stuff, i buy more than ever. Though i guess my taste in music is a little broader than the chart tosh that gets touted incessantly on every (almost) FM station. I think people are buying less music cos' the stuff the majority get to hear is shite, and most of my pals who are more into the 'mainstream' stuff say the same. i'm not sure downloading helps, but when the large corporations and record stores charge over the odds for a CD in the UK the outcome is inevitable. Company's like Sony have spent the last decade buying up all and sundry label-wise, and then have the gaul to cherry pick what they consider 'marketable commodities' and dump the rest, i say fuck em', they're reaping what they have sown. I'm sorry for the small independants, but then again, i buy directly from the ones i like anyhow.
I guess people are just sick of being ripped off. I mean, if you went to HMV, they still charge you £24 or more for a copy of The Beatles 'White Album'. That must have paid for itself X-times over, esp with all the 're-formatting/ remixing/ remastering of CD's going on. Vive le Revolution!

Unsung Forum Index