who's on the list...?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/2757185.stm

.o0O0o.
grrr
grrr
182 posts

Re: Big Brother
Feb 13, 2003, 20:03
i know everyone (apart from me) downloads/tapes stuff all the time, but i can think of several types of people who i'd like to steal from more than musicians.

anyone else share my unease, or am i just being contrary?
EvidentlyChickentown
3 posts

Feb 13, 2003, 20:10
no unease here, although having said that i dont download it anymore, also i often buy things i've already copied from other people, esp if they are a small group. Is that stupid?

EC
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Feb 13, 2003, 20:31
It makes me a bit queasy as well, so you're not alone. The only stuff I obsessively download is unreleased music that isn't likely to se the light of day otherwise (e.g. the Rolling Stones "Cocksucker Blues" currently in heavy rotation in my 'puter)
PaulMakesMusic
951 posts

Feb 13, 2003, 22:41
I think if it were possible to download food over the internet, rather than feed the world, the food growers association of America would have the food sharing sites prosecuted.

Now that soulseek is back up, you're all welcome to share anything I've done. Not that my livelihood depends on it, mind...
Telepathine
371 posts

Feb 13, 2003, 23:24
I buy and copy lots of music, in fact since starting to share stuff, i buy more than ever. Though i guess my taste in music is a little broader than the chart tosh that gets touted incessantly on every (almost) FM station. I think people are buying less music cos' the stuff the majority get to hear is shite, and most of my pals who are more into the 'mainstream' stuff say the same. i'm not sure downloading helps, but when the large corporations and record stores charge over the odds for a CD in the UK the outcome is inevitable. Company's like Sony have spent the last decade buying up all and sundry label-wise, and then have the gaul to cherry pick what they consider 'marketable commodities' and dump the rest, i say fuck em', they're reaping what they have sown. I'm sorry for the small independants, but then again, i buy directly from the ones i like anyhow.
I guess people are just sick of being ripped off. I mean, if you went to HMV, they still charge you £24 or more for a copy of The Beatles 'White Album'. That must have paid for itself X-times over, esp with all the 're-formatting/ remixing/ remastering of CD's going on. Vive le Revolution!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Feb 13, 2003, 23:29
Testify brother!
Unsung Forum Index