Pixies on c4
Feb 12, 2003, 19:51
little people or indie pioneers?
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Pixies on c4
Feb 12, 2003, 20:24
If it's the latter, it'll prolly be a repeat. However, it was very good (if you can ignore Travis et al).
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 13, 2003, 10:37
Travis are on it? Fuckers! They get everywhere claiming to have been influenced by the great and the good of Rock. If half of it were true they wouldn't make such unbearably bland pap. I can't see a Travis record lasting any longer than 30 seconds on Black Francis's turntable. What with that cheesily grinning frontman 'n' all, I think they should be crowned the Wet Wet Wet of NME-world. Bleargh!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Feb 13, 2003, 10:41
>I can't see a Travis record lasting any longer than 30 seconds on Black Francis's turntable<

although I'd like to see the Travis frontberk strapped to Black Francis' turntable running at 78RPM while being forced to listen to the entire Pixies back catalogue at earbleeding volume...
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Travistorture
Feb 13, 2003, 12:01
Imaginative ways of inflicting pain and retribution on Travis Frontberk (GREAT word, Squid!) equivalent to the misery that said 'band's' 'music' inflicts on populace:

#2.
Help Travis Frontberk make his sharksfin hairdo more authentic, by shoving a live Great White shark on his fucking head.

#3.
Tie Travis Frontberk to children's roundabout. Joyfully help re-arrange his dentistry with hobnailed boot each time his smug face flies past. Enjoy removal of Frontberk's 'cheeky' grin.
Pagan Dawn
Pagan Dawn
65 posts

Re: Travistorture
Feb 13, 2003, 14:30
Have you heard "why is it always Dairylea" by The Shirehorses ??
Freaking brilliant !!
I can't listen to the "proper" version without laughing !!
8o)
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Travistorture
Feb 13, 2003, 14:44
I remember a letter in NME that went something like:

Dear Fran Healy, it's got fuck all to so with when you were 17. It's coz you live in Scotland.
Unsung Forum Index