London's got a Fopp!

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

London's got a Fopp!
Feb 10, 2003, 14:34
Just thought I'd mention that there is now a Fopp record shop in London. After reading people who live in other towns raving about their low prices I was over the moon to find out that one has just opened in London. It's on the corner of Shaftesbury Avenue and Earlham Street (opposite Les Mis on Cambridge Circus). I went there yesterday and wanted to walk out with most of the shop. The first floor is best. Anyway, just thought y'all might like to know.
LL
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: London's got a Fopp!
Feb 10, 2003, 15:50
oooh, i'll be down that way mid-week - i shall check it out. Thanks for the tip.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Feb 10, 2003, 16:26
So didn't you pick up anything ,or did you just "case the joint"?

(...and Yes,that subject line was hard to resist,but I did...)

'-)
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Feb 10, 2003, 16:41
yeah was there over Xmas.
I remember that place used to be a Pizzeria several years back.
great to see it, all those £5 discs and £30 box sets.
I think Peel Slowly and See was £ 30 over Xmas as opposed to the near 350 it normally is.
Nearly bought Ignition the first 4 jefferson Airplane box then thought twice about doing so just before Xmas. Got it given to me Xmas so just as well I didn't.
wish Galway had one
Stevo
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

It's good for cheap books too...
Feb 10, 2003, 17:00
And if you're in Edinburgh, they've got a bar attached.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: It's good for cheap books too...
Feb 10, 2003, 17:18
Bless..sounds like heaven
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Feb 12, 2003, 15:10
Sterling news. I've been gradually buying up the Glasgow branch's entire stock during my twice-yearly visits there for some time now. The onlyother place I know which is as cheap is Morps Music in Lewisham model market - (they have had "Peel Slowly And See" at 29.99 for some time now, incidentally).'Tis good for those of us who can't afford/don't want to go to Tower or Virgin...
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Tower Records
Feb 12, 2003, 15:32
By the way, Tower Records in Picadilly Circus is closing down soon, only to be replaced by a Virgin Megasnore. I think this is sad personally. OK, Tower weren't cheap, but you could at least get obscure-ish stuff there, but the Virgin megastores are shit - If you want anything vaguely out-of-the-ordinary you're almost always disappointed. It's more expensive too generally. Damn!
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 12, 2003, 15:43
Oooh! You ARE cheeky!
>girly giggle<
As it goes, I did pick up some stuff. A couple of Terry Rileys, Lemon Jelly, Grace Jones. All dirt cheap. The assistant couldn't find the 2 Alice Coltranes I wanted though - bummer!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: Tower Records
Feb 12, 2003, 16:10
that is a pity LL. I agree about Tower - at least it gave some variety from the blandness of Virgin/HMV even if it was quite expensive.

I shall have to check this Fopp place at the first possible though...
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index