UNCUT - Bowie Tribute - Cak!

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howden
Howden
216 posts

UNCUT - Bowie Tribute - Cak!
Feb 06, 2003, 20:26
Cover CD with UNCUT this month is a Bowie tribute. And what a pile of cak it is too! Thought it would be interesting because the songs are so good, but they are all weak and insipid covers. I'm no Bowie freak, I have 'Low/Heroes/Lodger' and 'Scary Monsters' still in my collection, but what a waste of everyone's time and effort!
Even the Langley School's thing is so poorly recorded that it remains interesting, but little more. There's not one track on there that's worth a second listen!
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: UNCUT - Bowie Tribute - Cak!
Feb 06, 2003, 20:35
Yep. Just like their Lennon tribute, and their Stones ones. Seem to see a pattern emerging here...
Telepathine
371 posts

Feb 06, 2003, 20:49
Arghh, just bought this on the strength of the cover CD, thought it looked vaguely interesting.
Actually gave up buying this Uncut tosh a few years ago after the cover discs always seemed to have about 1 good track (IMO) out of 20 or so..also got fed up with that Alan Jones tosser, well he's still there, so i should have been forwarned. Bah!!!
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Feb 06, 2003, 22:05
I rather liked the Stones ones (though there were some dreadful bits I hope I never hear again), thought the Dylan ones less interesting. The best one of late was the Keith Richards-picked compilation, THE DEVIL'S MUSIC.

Where might I find a tracklisting of the Bowie?
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: UNCUT -glittery!
Feb 06, 2003, 22:23
That Devils Music Keef thing is one of the best Comps I've ever heard. Inspiring stuff. Uncut is generally as dull as bricks though. Booo!
Mind you, I did like the glittery logo on the cover of the current issue. Ain't buying it though.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Feb 07, 2003, 10:37
A quick look inside reveals a real treat for next issue - a CD of Springsteen covers. I'm off to camp outside my local newsagents.
Billy Milk
Billy Milk
2045 posts

gnomic gnosis
Feb 07, 2003, 20:16
anyone heard buster bloodvessel's version of the laughing gnome? now that really kicks arse. techno techno techno!!!
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Feb 09, 2003, 22:16
I supose Ian McCulloch sings something, doesn`t he?
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

UNCUT - Future Cak!
Feb 11, 2003, 15:51
Given recent events, I can only guess that a Clash tribute CD is not far off. Contributions from "The Boss" (ha!) and Mac The Mouth seem obligatory. Given that there aren't that many Clash covers (as far as I'm aware), who else would be on it?
Libertine
27 posts

Re: UNCUT - Future Cak!
Feb 11, 2003, 17:31
The Manics greatest hits should cover it.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index