Register
Unsung Forum »
buy stuff from Ultima Thule!

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Serotonin
175 posts

buy stuff from Ultima Thule!
Feb 06, 2003, 13:29
suppose several people here already do, but if you're not already aware, they're at:

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ultimathule-audion/

and they send your orders very very quickly. no more waiting two months for HMV or Amazon to find the CDs I want that I can't find in the shops - got my first UT order delivered in three days. Now I can start absorbing Ash Ra Tempel's 1st album & Zuckerzeit straight away. nice one!
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2614 posts

Re: buy stuff from Ultima Thule!
Feb 06, 2003, 13:38
Recommendation seconded. Their catchphrase is "Progressive Music From Around The World". If can't get it, it ain't gettable - simple as that. Those guys really know their stuff. Tell me another shop in the UK with a complete collection of Wigwam albums, for example.

They have a crackin' little shop round the side of Leicester train station. Well worth a visit, but they have very restricted opening hours.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 06, 2003, 14:07
And thrice. Very friendly they are too if you e-mail them. They're very good at the Kraut and prog stuff, but also just plain weird/experimental stuff too. They tracked down a Bernard Parmegiani CD for me that I'd almost given up on finding anywhere else. Also, unlike most shops if something is crap they'll say so, even if it means it stops it from selling! And Serotonin, I'm jealous of you having your first flush with Zuckerzeit and Amboss/Traummaschine. Both beautiful records.
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Feb 06, 2003, 17:06
They are Top! Bless em. They are how you would wish all old hippies would be. If you can't get it in the High Street then they are the place to try.
neu75
3 posts

Feb 07, 2003, 17:50
i agree, they are " simply the best, better than all the rest"
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Feb 10, 2003, 01:14
I agree. They're very nice people, and I'm sorry I don't buy more from them, but the depreciating dollar has made them a little uncompetitive with stateside retailers...

If you're interested in krautrock, I'd recommend their "Crack In The Cosmic Egg" encyclopedia as well.
Unsung Forum Index