47 posts

Arthur Lee Tonight...
Feb 03, 2003, 13:06
Anyone else going?
Chief Wiggum
22 posts

Re: Arthur Lee Tonight...
Feb 03, 2003, 14:33
Nope given the fact that he played Liverpool a cupla weeks ago so you're probably going to see him about a billion miles away from here.Couldn't afford to see him this time but saw him last summer and he was fanfuckintastic.But you could probably answer a querie for me-is he completely bald now?Cos when i saw him he had a tyedye bandana and the Mad Hatter's top hat on.There didn't seem to be much hair there.Not that these things matter.He looked great actually.I'm babblin.Have a good time dood.
The Drombeg Wombat
The Drombeg Wombat
85 posts

Feb 03, 2003, 23:09
I got hold of a bootleg of the liverpool date, excellent,what other dates are being played?

drombeg
Chief Wiggum
22 posts

Feb 03, 2003, 23:56
Don't know but if one Drood's going to is in london then i think it's the last date.I heard he had a string/horn section for this tour-anyone see him?
Drood
47 posts

Feb 04, 2003, 11:06
Wow.

His band are a bit cheesy (stop it with the widdly widdly you strange haircutted thing - and stop looking like one of the Mavericks fella, and you, don't shine your shoes so much little bassist!) , but the show was great. The Orchestra were not meant to be there tonight, but they turned up anyway.

Was in 4th row, very close to the stage. Robyn Hitchcock was the guest guitarist (was Graham Coxon last time in London).

Great show, great man.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Feb 05, 2003, 12:39
I saw the one on Jan 15th and it was awesome, although that new song with the bagpipes was pretty dire and as you say, cheesy. His guitarist also soloed a bit too much for my liking, but I refuse to believe that anyone who goes by the name of Rusty Squeezebox can possibly be all bad. We also saw Ken Livingstone in the audience, about six rows in front of us, sans wife and child.
Drood
47 posts

Feb 05, 2003, 12:44
Rusty squeezebox was the mavericks lookalike, mr widdly solo was the blonde Basquiat type.

Fortunately he re-arranged the new song - no bagpipes, but full orchestra. He made a funny comment about it aswell, about how he was hurt by the negative response to it and how "it's not the only song on the new album you know!"
Unsung Forum Index