When is Julian Cope gonna realize..

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

electroclash
Feb 04, 2003, 14:03
elektrofest iv sun 6th april at the astoria 2pm til 11pm http://www.1st4fun.net/flag/

Appearing amongst others!
http://www.siobahnfahey.com
Pagan Dawn
Pagan Dawn
65 posts

Re: When is Julian Cope gonna realize..
Feb 04, 2003, 14:38
my cd player's got a handle !!!!!!!!!
so there 8oP rrraaaaasssssssssssppppppppp
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Feb 04, 2003, 14:39
you've got a clockwork CD player - wowee! I want one...
Mungohead
16 posts

Feb 04, 2003, 15:10
I agrees with yeh. It's just Copey was once asked on a Q&A on this site whether he would do any dance orientated music and he replied never. Ahem, stuff like Rite was dance influenced in places. Why acknowledge guitar influences only. Also Rite was a long time ago. He seems to have gone over fixated on complete guitar music again.
Mungohead
16 posts

Feb 04, 2003, 15:11
"who died and made you music regulator"

No one I am self appointed, in fact I was born for this job with a Divine right.
Holy McGrail
Holy McGrail
1257 posts

Feb 04, 2003, 15:23
Does electronic music = dance music?

Somebody better tell Merzbow.
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Feb 04, 2003, 15:23
*bows solemly* not meant in a nasty way m8y

peace Nick (hehe .. peacenik!)
Mungohead
16 posts

Soul of the artist V oil and canvass
Feb 04, 2003, 15:26
Music is a man made thing. Too right!

How does a peice of wood with strings have soul. How is it human. Surely the soul is in the person that uses it. There is plenty of souless guitar music just as there is plenty of electronic music with real humanity.

In a painting is the humanity in the oil and canvass or in the painter?

Guitars and modern recording technology are both man made tools or devices all use electrics or electronics. All recorded music has made use of technology.

I listen to a lot of electronic music and also a lot of guitar based music. I cannot understand just listening to one or the other. Variety as Grufty says.

There is a qoute from Copey on the MA TV program where he said that "If Beethoven had an electric guitar he would be playing, any one who is a forward thinking MoFO has something new he would be using it". Too Right. Just as if Beethoven had a sampler he'd be using it. Copey's qoute was good but it would have only been truly controversial in the 1950s. The Irony being that the music for the MA program did make use of more than just electric guitars etc.
Mungohead
16 posts

Feb 04, 2003, 15:40
A shuffling baggy sampled drum loop on Beautiful Love complete with Housey/ Baggy piano riffs. The man has been inluenced by Dance music at one time or another. It ain't been all The Stooges all the time.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Feb 04, 2003, 15:44
hehe - you are a droll one Mr McGrail...

in a way it's a valid point though...Rite Now is a bit on the funky/dance side for JC isn't it? It has that James Brown thang, and noone would deny that Mr Brown does dance music methinks.

Rite Said Squid
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index