Register
Unsung Forum »
Liars fans?

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
direwolf
92 posts

Liars fans?
Jan 29, 2003, 03:11
Hey people... I just picked up a new disc by the Liars called "They Trew Us All In Trench and Stuck a Monument on Top". A guy from work recommended it, and he was right, this disc is full of wonderful sounds... vaguely reminiscent of "Metal Box" era PIL or early Gang of Four type shit. Anyone else into these guys or know more about them?
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Liars fans?
Jan 29, 2003, 12:14
Sure. I picked up that little gem last summer and subsequently witnessed their equally incendiary live show when they supported suicide in November. I know that they are based in New York (although lead singer Angus Andrew is Australian) and that they suported Sonic Youth on their last US tour. They have also released three E.P.s, none of which I own. For more info, you can always visit the tried and tested musical Encyclopedia Brittanica:

http://www.allmusicguide.com
Telepathine
371 posts

Jan 29, 2003, 19:41
Jah!!, ' They Threw Us I A Ditch....' LP was my number one record of last year. They have also released a coupe of EP's (only own one though, it's called 'Fins To Make Up More Like Fish', the other is a 7" thing called 'We no Longer Knew Who We Were' ), and they have recently released a split mini LP/CD with Oneida called 'Atheists Reconsider' (Thanks Howden!), which has the Liars/Oneida covering one of each others songs, and the rest appear to be new tracks (it's on Arrco records, cat number Are -00027-7) S'OK, shows more of an 'experimental' side to them, doesn't rock out the same way as 'They Threw Us' does.
You've probably visited the website, but if not it's here:-
http://www.liarsliarsliars.com/
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Jan 30, 2003, 00:59
Great album.
Mosurock
1 posts

Jan 30, 2003, 06:40
That Liars/Oneida split is now out on 12" vinyl. www.versioncityrecords.com is where you'll find it.

Great band; thought that album was disappointing after seeing them outgrow it by miles playing the NYC club circuit. They're writing a new album right now and touring the US this spring.
Zos
389 posts

Jan 30, 2003, 20:11
Yeah - I dig this album since being introduced to it at the end of last year. Excellent music and the song-titles are just as good, which is always important to me... ;o)
Uh, apart from that I know nothing! Um... I think their website is liarsliarsliars.com or something....

Z
Unsung Forum Index