Unsung Forum »
Quatermass and Electronic Sounds

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Quatermass and Electronic Sounds
Jan 27, 2003, 21:26
All are referred to Joolio's bang-on review of the excellent Quatermass LP which has barely left my lugholes for over a week now. I've nowt to add to his erudite comments except to say that to these ears it sounds just like early Uriah Heep and ELP placed in a vast centrifuge. And I mean that as a compliment.

And full marks to Seth for putting paid to the myth that 'Electronic Sounds' is a crock of kack. It's one of those left-field gems of an album that gets slated too easily, usually I suspect by people who've never taken the trouble to listen to it properly. Sure, it's self-indulgent and naive in the extreme, but its Hari's kack-handedness with his monster Moog that makes it hit home all the more for me. It's that all-too-rare thing - a human sounding album of electronic music. And it's a damn sight more satisfying than 'Got My Mind Set On You'!
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: Quatermass and Electronic Sounds
Jan 27, 2003, 21:31
Glad u liked both CD and review.

Cheers
Joolio
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Electronic Sound
Feb 07, 2003, 22:02
Thanks, O fellow Zapple-head!

Decided to review "E.S." after I'd come across one ignorant review online too many that just dismissed it out of hand gleefully and negative because it falls so far outside the range of what is commonly accepted as what a "George Harrison album" sounds like...plus, it really is amazing at top volume--especially the last five minutes of side one
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: Electronic Sound
Feb 07, 2003, 22:50
'twas a really great review..I don't imagine this ever saw any kind of cd release or anything...sounds really interesting
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Re: Electronic Sound
Feb 07, 2003, 23:04
Sev, I have good news - it IS available on CD and I saw it very recently in my local HMV shop. Quote the number 855239-2 to your local dealer (EMI label of course) and he should be able to get you a pristine CD.

You won't like it at first, but persevere. It repays your patience leaps and bounds.
Unsung Forum Index