Register
Unsung Forum »
The Flaming Lips at the Forum

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

The Flaming Lips at the Forum
Jan 24, 2003, 13:47
Absolutely bleedin' tremendous. I want them to play at my next birthday party. Can't believe I'm getting to see Love, the Lips and the mighty Laika all within the space of one month. Was contemplating whether to go to Glastonbury this year or not (assuming they do get a license, of course) but the fact that the Lips are playing has made up my mind in the affirmative, big time.
elderford
482 posts

Re: The Flaming Lips at the Forum
Jan 24, 2003, 14:22
yeah, they were Absolutely bleedin' tremendous at the Birmingham academy last week.

did you have British Sea Power as support as well?
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Jan 24, 2003, 15:02
god did I just work out that Popel Vooje goes under a different name on diffeent lists?
Is that you Lucy?
or is that just a coincidence.
if it is its taken me about 10 months to make the connection, after knowing you came here.
Goshdang
stevo
TightPurpleShirt
281 posts

Jan 24, 2003, 21:39
If you have never seen Laika Live you are in for a reeaaaaal treat.

THEY IS VERY GOOD IN THE FLESH!

ToPS
landells
landells
680 posts

Jan 25, 2003, 02:40
I LOVE the Flaming Lips! And other than the Cope, when he is on top form, I can't think of any one else I'd rather see live. (Although Yoshimi was admittedly a tad pedestrian for the FLips.) I haven't seen them on this tour but I did catch them at the Queen's Hall in Edinburgh during the summer of 2002CE - truly awesome!!!

I've heard that that the main dude from the Polyphonic Spree wants his band to do gigs w/ the FLips - can't think of many better ways to spend an evening (other than those that involve Halle Berry)
Dwight Fried
543 posts

Jan 25, 2003, 04:44
I've seen the Lips live on several occasions- I think the first was the Whisky-a-Go-go on the 'Transmissions' tour. If you never saw them in their rock-band incarnation you missed out big -time.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Lucy? Moi?
Jan 26, 2003, 12:02
Sorry, Stevo, but I'm afraid not. Wrong name and gender, as it happens. I have used one other name on this forum, but it's just an anagram of Popel Vooje (Leppo Joove). I do also visit a couple of other forums under different names, but that would be telling.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Jan 26, 2003, 12:05
I did, on several occasions. (The Underworld in '92, the Powerhaus in '93, Reading in '94). I agree that they were great in those days too, but the visual aspect of their shows is now better than ever, thanks, I suspect, to WEA finally investing some money in them. They play longer sets now as well - in the old days, they just used to play for 40 minutes before buggering off.
Dwight Fried
543 posts

Jan 28, 2003, 03:26
Wasn't trying to take anything away from the Lips-considering the impossibility of playing their recent stuff live and the fact they've been at it for nearly twenty years now, their current presentation makes perfect sense.
Unsung Forum Index