Register
Unsung Forum »
Mooseheart Faith...Coronal Mass Ejection

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Telepathine
371 posts

Mooseheart Faith...Coronal Mass Ejection
Jan 23, 2003, 17:26
Hiya, found the above in a bargain bin for £2, thought it had a groovy cover and 'quirky' song titles (March Of The Mind Parasites, You Are Just A Flying Egg to name but two).
Got it home and its ACE. Kinda like West Coast Pop Psych with a sense of humour. Reminds me of A.R.Kane meets Olivier Tremor Control meets Zodiac Cosmic Sounds (but in a good way!)
Anyhow, any of youse heads heard of em', just wondering if it was worth picking up any of their earlier stuff, this one seems to be the last LP release.
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Re: Mooseheart Faith...Coronal Mass Ejection
Jan 23, 2003, 20:12
Can't say that I've ever heard of them, Mr T. But I am really enjoying the Elevate CDr you sent... Kind of like The Fall in places. Really good!
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Jan 23, 2003, 20:28
Hmm..found a bit of info and a review of the album you already have(oh well)..fellows use to be in the Angry Somoans apparently

http://www.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/Mooseheart_Faith_Stellar_Groove_Band/

http://www.aural-innovations.com/issues/issue5/moose.html
Telepathine
371 posts

Jan 23, 2003, 22:28
Yeah, thought you might enjoy the Elevate stuff. I heard em' first on Peel in the early 90's. Sadly been defunct since about 98'. Only released a couple of LP's, both limited to 1000, and a handful of handmade singles (the first is a 10" in numbered/ hand painted sleeve, very tasty!)
Know what you mean about being Fall-ish in places, they started to go that way towards the end, in many ways i like that stuff best. Other than indie/post i couldn't really think how to describe them...i like the 'wirey' bass too.
When i get a spare minute or 20 i'll copy the 'Mooseheart' and send it your way, it really is a great upbeat homage to the 'West Coast Psychedelic Sound'.
Telepathine
371 posts

Jan 23, 2003, 22:34
Cheers for that Sev'.
Found a few pages here and there, though not much. Looks like they called it a day around 98', but had released about 4 lP's and a handful of CD's by then. Knew about the 'Samoans' connection, though apparently the bassist is (was?) some kind of Motown session muso' or something. They make a righteous racket, with toungue place heavily in cheek, there even a 'raga-ish' track or two.
Will fire a copy of the CD your way, would be a perfect soundtrack to a warm summers day. The last track breaks down into this lush (if brief) organ drone, yummmyy!.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Jan 23, 2003, 22:44
Sounds a treat..Cheers

Yeah,most of the info you mentioned above is at the first link..haven't tried the mp3 they have up there yet

Here's another short bit I found about them...

"..the only official Psychedelic band in Syd Barret and White Noise tradition - a competent terrestrian U.F.O. delegation from L.A./USA with Ex-Angry Samoans Todd Holmer"

Hummuna!

Glad you're enjoying it!
Unsung Forum Index