10 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Edited Dec 15, 2023, 19:54
Re: Schulze's La Vie Electronique, nos. 1-7
Dec 15, 2023, 19:37
Thanks a lot man for hipping me to all this.

Yes, those reissues look amazing: I recall you once writing that the sound of these Japanese remasters 'borders on the occult'! (I think you were referring to TD...)

I guess I'll have to gradually replace my collection with the new MiG editions, and hope to one day have a chance to hear those Japanese spec recordings on a great system (alas my tinnitus probably precludes my hearing the finer points of these higher grade versions).

This, from a well-written review about the vinyl pressing of LVE 1, puts it well:

"Klaus Schulze has released a certifiable ass-ton of music, and only the most severely dedicated have collected it all. For those wishing to own his earliest solo recordings on vinyl, the long wait is over, as the One Way Static label has issued his work from 1968-1970 on the 2LP set La Vie Electronique Volume 1.0. Fully embracing experimentation in a home environment, Schulze’s boldly celestial and drone friendly excursions infuse early electronic, proto-ambient exploration with edge and heft."

Edge and heft, indeed.

https://www.thevinyldistrict.com/storefront/2018/03/graded-on-a-curve-klaus-schulze-la-vie-electronique-vol-1-0/

Unsung Forum Index