10 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Seth Man
1242 posts

Re: Schulze's La Vie Electronique, nos. 1-7
Dec 15, 2023, 01:36
Zariadris wrote:
Hey friends,

Any opinions on Schulze's massive La Vie Electronique series? (I'm talking to you Seth Man...and all the other klausologists here).

Despite a healthy, long-standing love for 70's Schulze, I'd always been too overwhelmed by the series. I finally dipped a toe in with vol. 2, and I really like it.

With the holidays upon us, I've got my eye on some more volumes, specifically nos. 1, 3-7 in the series. I've heard mixed things, especially about 7...

Anyway, would love to hear your opinions.

Peace,

Z-man

Zariadris,
Some might hesitate to accept the full 30 minutes plus of "Avec Arthur" on LA VIE ELECTRONIQUE 7, and I can see (hear) why. But the rest of LA VIE 7 has some excellent material, like "People I Know" (Live 1977) and "Crazy Nietzsche."

LA VIE 8 is entirely great. "Dans Un Jardin" is a 40 minute performance live in 1979 while the 1977 studio piece, "Hitchcock Suite" is a series of gigantic, sweeping epics.

I think LA VIE 9 is from 1982-1985, and that means it's well into digital era KS where the songs get shorter and the tones and compositions get harsher.

Best of luck swimming in that massive ocean of KS. There's a lot of GREAT and rewarding material in there. KS was a genius, truly.

Unsung Forum Index