LeeHarveyIsInnocent
48 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 9 December 2023 CE
Dec 11, 2023, 11:34
Monganaut wrote:
keith a wrote:
Sea Of Mirrors – The Coral
Holy Joe's Coral Island Medicine Show – The Coral
I don't quite understand the two-separate-albums-released-at-the-same-time malarky – a double would surely make more sense - but hey ho, I've finally got round to getting hem both and they sound great on first play!

Couple of crackers from The Coral. What I love most about the band is that they plough their own furrow, and don't really pay that much attention to the whims and changes in the larger music industry. Their records deffo have their own signature sound/vibe. From my understanding, there were supposed to be a variety of vinyl 'editions'. Some 'dinked', some with particular signed prints, some with different covers (a bit like CD singles in the 90's). I guess bands have to maximise their revenue streams somehow in these trying times.

I read something in Roling Stone online the other day to this end "Last year, Frampton sold his publishing catalog to BMG, joining artists like Bob Dylan, Justin Timberlake, and Stevie Nicks in selling music rights for a major payout. For 55 million streams of, 'Baby I Love Your Way', I got $1,700. I went to Washington with ASCAP last year to talk to law makers about this." Nuts! Streaming services seriously take the piss.

Also, You've peaked my interest with the Doors/Kreiger biog. Read a few other reviews and sounds up my street.

I will never stream music, or play any suggested Spotify playlists.
Fuck, Bandcamp must be a better business model, even with the bastard new owners.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index