Unsung Forum »
Cope's Notes #5: The Modern Antiquarian

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Marjorie Eclipse
11 posts

Cope's Notes #5: The Modern Antiquarian
Oct 18, 2023, 10:51
A tip-off from Stone Club lead to an early worm purchase this morning.

6000 words plus "a dozen all-new songs and enchanting theatre pieces" and I don't recognise any of the titles - phwoar!
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Re: Cope's Notes #5: The Modern Antiquarian
Oct 20, 2023, 00:50
Is it gonna have bits of the original MA promo CD on it or all new Stuff?. Ordered it anyways. As to post, I live in Birmingham and ours has been shit fer about a year. I've lost track of the amount of stuff that just hasn't arrived despite weeks of waiting. Feel bad for the sellers to whom I end up getting refunds from. I saw something recently that Royal Mail were seeking permission to stop Saturday deliveries for cost cutting/rationalisation reasons. I mean, how much shitter have they gotta get before someone takes them in hand.
Marjorie Eclipse
11 posts

Oct 20, 2023, 12:13
Yes, I read that too. It's a bit worrying for me as most of my post tends to arrive en masse on Saturdays nowadays for some reason! That said, I've also recently had a spate of online purchases where my package has been returned to sender by the sorting office without them attempting to deliver it to my address - I literally don't have a clue what's going on with the post here and I'm not convinced they know themselves either. The sad thing is that it's made me reluctant to buy online so labels, etc lose out, What a joke of a country.
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

Oct 20, 2023, 12:29
I hear you on that re: post in Brum. Lost a few things over the years, but recently it's been things turning up weeks and weeks after the point you've given up. Saturday deliveries seem to have stopped for us and the sorting office is on almost pointlessly reduced hours.
LeeHarveyIsInnocent
48 posts

Edited Oct 21, 2023, 09:52
Oct 21, 2023, 09:51
They privatised Royal Mail and separated it from the Post Office and Parcel Force (International) didn't they?
I'm sure they raided the pension fund as well, nothing like an "over-funded" public sector pension fund to turn on the ravenous City of London crooks is there?
I regularly ordered vinyl from the States 15-20 years ago, but that particular avenue of pleasure has now been closed off, as Basil Fawlty would put it. I thought hurting small businesses was unintentional back then, but we know better now.
Anyway, I had a pricey box set left abandoned in my tenement stair a couple weeks back.
They also regularly leave stuff on my doormat outside, rather than using my letter box, which I had specially enlarged to take LP packets. They even do this with tiny CD packets!
The idea of "delivered" is certainly taking a battering these days.
Anyway, I think we might be in another golden age for Julian, and long may it continue!
Brik
588 posts

Oct 21, 2023, 20:31
Top news, the presentation is beautiful too. Hoping stock allows me to wait until payday but I'll chance it while the other Cope's Notes are still consistently available...

We've recently been getting post on Sundays. That was a curveball. I didn't realise there was a difference until I tried to post by 48hr tracked at the PO last week and was told "We're not Royal Mail, we don't do that". The ensuing conversation was akin to when Rick tries to send a telegram in The Young Ones.
Marjorie Eclipse
11 posts

Oct 22, 2023, 11:34
Agreed. Let's celebrate the New Golden Age!

I thought the last Cope's Notes, the Black Sheep instalment, was the best one yet so I have high hopes for this new edition, the Drude's definitely on a roll...
Bourbonus
Bourbonus
66 posts

Oct 23, 2023, 14:15
Marjorie Eclipse wrote:
Agreed. Let's celebrate the New Golden Age!

I thought the last Cope's Notes, the Black Sheep instalment, was the best one yet so I have high hopes for this new edition, the Drude's definitely on a roll...

Yes, it was my favourite of the "Notes", too.
konaman
konaman
533 posts

Oct 24, 2023, 15:24
Happened upon this site again last week after some time away. Pleased to note the issue of TMA notes, ordered 19th, received this morning. A very enjoyable read in the sunshine, and has rekindled my enthusiasm for walking the high places. Looked up TMA for sale, astounded to see £250 + for signed first editions. I'll never sell mine. ( How I regret selling Krautrocksampler some years ago).

Oh, and the reissiued TMA T-shirt is a goodie, replacing my worn out, and,to be honest, far too small original. Love On Ya.
Bourbonus
Bourbonus
66 posts

Oct 24, 2023, 16:11
Yes, Notes #5 arrived today, about 2 hours ago, as morning posties around here are rarer than Tory morals. Looking forward to catching up with the contents, this evening. And I'm still trying to work out how longer distance post, is quicker than first class, within the same town!
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index