Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 7 January 2023 CE

8 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 7 January 2023 CE
Jan 08, 2023, 19:31
Bought me a CD separate for the first time on Friday. Seemed a bit of an oversight to be listening to music on a CD/radio all these years! Have owned Hifi's and receivers of course. What a difference! So far it has been:

Black Angels - Directions to see a ghost. Remind me of Clinic in places which is no bad thing.

Black Lips - Good, bad - not evil

Tim Booth - Bone. Absolutely in love with the production on this. Reminds me of Primal Scream and Ian Brown from the 2000's. Songwriting can be a bit clunky in places but nobody is perfect.

The Fall - Grotesque

Bauhaus - Burning from the Inside. Another strong offering to add to the collection methinks on first spin.

Newish music on Spotify:

Nine Inch Nails - Ghosts VI Locusts. Haunting is the right word. There was one particular track that Adam Curtis uses in his films that drew me in

Johnny Flynn - Six Signs: Six Songs EP. Only found out this existed a week ago having listened to The Dark is Rising on BBC Sounds over Christmas. It's another yes.

Nick Cave/Warren Ellis - Carnage. Starting to reach saturation point with NC now. A no

Military Genius - Dark web - Live in Rotterdam. Yes to the former, the latter isn't essential

Mrs Piss - Self Surgery. Rocking out like a goodun. That's a yes. Led me to look at some Chelsea Wolfe too.

Mog Jones - On the run. No

Metz - Atlas Vending. No

Mermaid Chunky - Vest. MC are the best.

Unsung Forum Index