184 posts

R.I.P. Manuel Göttsching
Dec 12, 2022, 14:10
Nothing to say other than what a crap year 2022 continues to be
flashbackcaruso
1058 posts

Re: R.I.P. Manuel Göttsching
Dec 12, 2022, 14:56
No! Same year as Klaus Schulze. Thank you Julian for getting them back together one more time (back in 2000) so we could see them live.
Carlos
Carlos
3884 posts

Dec 13, 2022, 15:21
:-( indeed
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Dec 13, 2022, 16:11
All I can say is that I'm gutted. Always took comfort knowing he still walked among us when so many have passed on. Just the other day I was thinking about making a documentary about him, just to find an excuse to meet him and ask a million questions. Listened to the first Ash Ra Tempel again just a day ago - it sounded better, fresher than ever. My condolences to his friends and family, and to all his cosmic kin.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1704 posts

Dec 14, 2022, 13:37
Damn, very sad indeed. I had recently picked up the reissues of Seven Up and Join Inn and had Manuel on my mind.

Thank you for all the cosmic music you gave the world, may you rest in peace.
phallus dei
583 posts

Dec 18, 2022, 17:55
Just finished listening to Join Inn this morning, for the first time in several years. Realized that all three members are dead. It does bring a haunting feel to the work. But it also makes their accomplishment all the more stunning. Briefly, they reached beyond their cultural / temporal vantage point to grasp the eternal...and they captured it, forever.
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Dec 19, 2022, 14:11
phallus dei wrote:
Just finished listening to Join Inn this morning, for the first time in several years. Realized that all three members are dead.

Is Rosi gone too? She'd be the only one left to tell the tale. Her soft spoken word on Jenseits is so haunting...
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Dec 23, 2022, 20:14
Another fine old trooper passes through the gates of krautrock Valhalla. Left us a wonderful body of work to enjoy.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Dec 23, 2022, 20:17
Jenseits is indeed a good one. Always seemed perfect for coming down off acid gently.
Unsung Forum Index