Unsung Forum »
Something Else and Revolver

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Something Else and Revolver
Jul 18, 2021, 18:35
I see various clips from Something Else & Revolver and there's clearly some great stuff in their archives.

Has either show been released commercially?
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Re: Something Else and Revolver
Jul 18, 2021, 19:41
Not that I know of. If they had, I’d have been very early to invest. To be fair, I’m not sure how well ‘Something Else’ would stand up today, it being a trendy “yoof” programme “presented by young people for young people” with ten minutes of music at best per half-hour show. “Revolver” is another matter: great music footage covering the 1978 scene from punk to soul, reggae to metal with some hilarious asides from Peter Cook. I’ve particularly fond memories of the show featuring Rockpile.
Rooksby
Rooksby
18 posts

Jul 20, 2021, 11:52
There was definitely a Revolver DVD knocking around a while ago - complete with second takes, director count-ins, and other off-cuts - but on reflection I'm not sure if it was entirely legit or not.
wychburyman
951 posts

Jul 20, 2021, 13:12
Vybik Jon wrote:
I see various clips from Something Else & Revolver and there's clearly some great stuff in their archives.

Has either show been released commercially?

great shows, especially Revolver. Was that the one Les Ross was on?
England 1966
England 1966
59 posts

Edited Jul 21, 2021, 09:51
Jul 21, 2021, 09:48
picked up Revolver dvd on ebay few years back, not great quality.
May be worth checking out some of the clips of So It Goes [Tony Wilson]
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Jul 23, 2021, 11:53
Guy Garvey's Sky Arts show focuses on 1978 tonight: Revolver clips guaranteed.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Jul 23, 2021, 21:01
And thus it proved, alongside a few other choice TV clips. Interesting though that the burgeoning hard rock revival of 1978 was completely ignored. I’d have much rather seen a clip of Whitesnake’s Revolver performance than sodding Geldof’s, but hey ho. I mostly enjoyed it anyway.
Unsung Forum Index