David Sylvian/Holger Czukay - Plight and Premonition/Flux and Mutability

The Moonlandingz - Interplanetary Class Classics

Stooges - Raw Power

Fu Manchu - Gigantoid

T-Rex - Electric Warrior

Bowie - Scary Monsters....

Coil - LSD (30th Anniversary)

New Long Leg - Dry Cleaning
Do love the lofi/post punk vibe of this album. Plus I'm a sucker fer a sharp monologue over music. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYAb_yLdag6D098es0-agwg

Mogwai - Ten Rapid

Can - Future Days
A good friend sent me a copy of the recently re-issued gold vinyl, as a way of saying thanks fer the cool music I'd turned him onto over the years, which I thought was a sweet gesture. Shamefully I haven't played or opened it yet, as I read it was taken from the SACD remaster of the early 2000's, which I already own, so I played that instead. Considering how it was recorded at Inner Space, it does sound damn fine. I also read, that all the editions since the spoon 90's reissues have had reverb added to some vocal tracks, and that the original mix had Damo's vocal almost 'dry'. Sadly. I'll probably ever know, as I aint rich enough to pick up a first edition, and I've not found any digital versions of that first release for comparison. Still curious though.

Can - Unlimitd Edition/ Can Tapes
These two, though released years apart, compliment each other beautifully.

Hawkwind - X - In Search Of Space
Doesn't get any better Hawkwind wise fer me.

P.I.L. - Album, Metal Box, Flowers Of Romance
My PIL intro wasn't the heavy cool vibes of Metal Box, but the single 'Flowers of Romance', which as a teen I thought terribly exotic and slightly scary, as was the album of the same name. My Friend C seems to think it is a weird entry point to the world of PIL, and it was still many years later (after Album/Cassette/Compact Disc...whichever edition you owned) and 'Paris in The Spring' that I finally heard their masterpice.

Glaxo Babies - Put Me on The Guest List

Heads - Undersided

Well that's about it. Keep well, and have a better one! x

edit, just read an email from Norman's. Looks like Squid album is immanent as is a new LIARS album, this time a collab with some other peeps I can't recall fer now...excited!

Unsung Forum Index