Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 January 2021 CE

20 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 23 January 2021 CE
Jan 24, 2021, 17:27
Been dipping into the Fatalist penned Hawkwind - Days of the Underground book. loving it! Have been playing through the records in the same order as the chapters.

Hawkwind - S/T, In Search Of Space, Doremi Faso Latido, Space Ritual, Ambient Anarchists. Sundowner V.2
O.D.d on space cake whilst mainling Space Ritual....maaaan I can see what Lemmy meant by 'Black Nightmare' (And I was just in the living room).
Ambient Anarchsts is a Hawkwind guilty pleasure. Cheap and cheesy/odd collection of vinyl only takes, more electronic/spacey Hawkwind versions and live.

Coil - Horse Rotorvator, Time Machines Live.

Tangerine Dream Zeit/Phaedra

Cope - Rite 2
Do love D.e.c.o.m.p.o.s.e.r.

Dope - Village Idiot / On Drugs

D.A.F. - Alles Ist Gut

Stooges - Raw Power

Alien Sex Fiend - Whose Been Sleeping in My Brain/acid Bath/Maximum Security/It/Possessed.
I feel these guys have been treated like Hawkwind fer huge swathes of their career in not really being appreciated. They have a great sound, kinda like a less heavy Chrome meets Sique Sique Sputnik. Suppose the jokey lyrics put some folk off, but can't fault those tunes. Possessed was a real return to form.
Nice vid of Mr and Mrs Fiend giving a potted history of their career over on youtube... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58UG54FJKLw

Caught a nice BBC 6 interview with Cope from 2016 talking about the Kilimanjaro recordings with some annoying talking head. Some kinda 'Classic album playthrough' gig. He's a bit 'worse fer wear' by the sound of it, but entertaining as ever. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmQVOpRzuXM

Also had my annual watch of The Modern Antiquarian vid. Tis' a real pity the series wasn't followed through with.

Anyhow, keep warm and well.x
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index