Unsung Forum »
How can I write reviews?

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Joe Kenney
Joe Kenney
169 posts

How can I write reviews?
Jan 20, 2021, 23:52
I thought it would be a lark to start writing reviews on here again (after an absence of several friggin' years)...but it seems I can't. I can log into my original account, but it doesn't give me the option to post new reviews, even though it allows me to edit (or delete!) my old reviews. It tells me I need to "register" first. But this leads to the conundrum that I've ALREADY registered...like back in 2003. I emailed the "Help" form a month or so ago, but never got a response, not even an "FU." Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this so I can post reviews again? Thanks!
keith a
9573 posts

Re: How can I write reviews?
Jan 26, 2021, 18:19
Just had a look at it says the same for me, even though I have posted reviews there before.
Joe Kenney
Joe Kenney
169 posts

Feb 09, 2021, 22:47
Well, at least I'm not alone! It would be nice if this could be worked out. In the meantime though, if anyone cares, over the past couple years I've done some "random record reviews" at my blog -- nowhere to the length of Unsung reviews, but just more concise overviews of some rare records I like. Here's the link if any of you are curious:

https://glorioustrash.blogspot.com/search/label/Record%20Reviews

I'm surprised some of these still haven't been reviewed here -- Randy California's "Kapt Kopter," Neil Merryweather's "Space Rangers," and Paris's "Paris" in particular would be right up the alley of anyone who reads the Unsung reviews!
Valve
Valve
1736 posts

Feb 10, 2021, 19:52
I can get to the Add Review page. Are you saying if you paste your review in the box and press 'Add Review' it doesn't work?

I've imagined that I'd add some more reviews so I'd like to know if its still possible. Cheers
Joe Kenney
Joe Kenney
169 posts

Feb 12, 2021, 23:53
I don't even have the option to add a review. Even though I'm logged in, this message displays for me:

"To add your own reviews you must first register with the Head Heritage site. Julian Cope provides some guidelines for reviewing records in the article Unsung Reviews: Some Moral Responsibility and Financial Considerations."

The irony being that I registered like back in 2003 or something...
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Feb 13, 2021, 05:00
At the risk of repeating Valve's comment, at the bottom of the red column on the right of the Unsung page are 2 options:

ADD A REVIEW
REVIEWS ARCHIVE

If I click on 'ADD A REVIEW', all the review stuff is there.

If the problem is registration, can you not register anew?
Joe Kenney
Joe Kenney
169 posts

Feb 24, 2021, 20:16
Everyone, "Add A Review" miraculously appeared on my account! Previously it wasn't there so I was in a weird catch-22 where I was logged in and registered, but it was asking me to register to post a review. Looks like whatever was going on has been ironed out. Uh, now I just need to find the time to start writing some reviews!!
Unsung Forum Index