Teardrop Explodes Tour October 1982 Recording

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
frankvink
frankvink
35 posts

Teardrop Explodes Tour October 1982 Recording
Jan 13, 2021, 10:58
Hi all,

Does anyone have a recording of the late 1982 aborted three-piece tour? I've been searching for quite a while, but have never been able to track down a recording.

This site lists a recording for the Colchester date: http://www.andrewjohnstonedesign.co.uk/trampolene/Music/tx_audio.htm

I've tried getting in touch with Andrew, but so far in vain...

Any leads?

Thanks a lot in advance, Frank
common era
865 posts

Re: Teardrop Explodes Tour October 1982 Recording
Jan 13, 2021, 13:44
Yeah, the email and links on that site don't work, hence me not responding. I reposted the site a while back now for someone else to access the info. Basically Trampolene is now defunct!

I have your email from the avatar here so will zip the files for the gig and most likely send over via WeTransfer. Quality is ok at best! Cheers - A
frankvink
frankvink
35 posts

Jan 13, 2021, 14:15
Awesome! Thank you so much...! Will give it a spin tonight.

Cheers, Frank
jsmith
5 posts

Feb 19, 2021, 18:57
Hello would like to listen to some of those shows in flac if possible ! Thank you.
jsmith
5 posts

May 02, 2021, 22:22
Is it still possible to get some of these shows ? Thanx
Jon of Braintree
4 posts

May 16, 2021, 18:45
I was at that Colchester show. It was and still is one of the very best I have ever been to.
I don't know if Essex University still put bands on? Back in the day the venue was underground and was wider than it was long and had a very low ceiling. The standing room available was lessened considerably by a huge stage set of ramps and castle ramparts etc.
There was just Julian, Gary Dwyer and Dave Balfe and very prominent backing tapes machines. Lots of dry ice. They were simply magnificent.
I think it may have been their last show, or certainly one of the last two or three.
As much as I loved the larger version of the band, particularly the Troy and Ronnie era, based on this night I was very excited for the future and the third album.
It was devastating to hear later in the year that the band had split up. I must have seen Julian over 60 times solo, and some of those shows were legendary (Hammersmith Palais springs to mind), but this one was way up there.
I recall that they were selling a black tee-shirt on the night, with a yellow chest band and the flying boat logo from the Tiny Children single. I didn't want to have to hold on to it in the mosh pit so decided to buy one after the gig. Inevitably they had none left and I never saw another one.
Unsung Forum Index