13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Andfurthermoreagain
Andfurthermoreagain
696 posts

Re: Imaginary Cope LPs...
Jan 08, 2021, 19:46
ayjayemm wrote:
Funnily enough, I made a cd version of Julian H. Cope. I just inverted the colours of the Jehovahkill sleeve for the cover.
I've also made cds and covers for Queen Elizabeth Hall, Rave-O-Lution, and even a mock up cd single for the Soldier Blue remixes.
I hasten to add, I downloaded all the music directly from HH, after paying for it!
I just dig physical formats. I can't get excited by files on a computer.

Me neither. I rip cds for portable listening, but I have to have a physical version in whatever format. I'm a sucker for sleevenotes. Obviously, if it's a digital only release I'm cool with that.
Actually, your response has reminded me that I did create an imaginary Cope (CD) album years ago. I called it 'Fried 2' as it was compiled from tracks 'recorded for the planned follow up to Fried, or of a similar vibe'. Off the top of my head, the track list was:

Disaster
Prince Varmint
Mock Turtle
I Need Somebody
Hobby
Mik Mak Mok
Warwick The Kingmaker
Almost Beautiful Child
Land of Fear

I tried to use Fried as a template for sequencing (epic first track followed by idiosyncratic second track, then brooding third, keyboard driven final song).
Yeah, most of the tracks were Saint Julian era b-sides but these were the tracks that Julian recorded for the next album after Fried that Cally dismissed as too obvious.

Unsung Forum Index