Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2382 posts

Edited Dec 14, 2020, 23:35
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 12 December 2020 CE
Dec 14, 2020, 23:33
My youngest bought me Fu Manchu tix for my last birthday in March. Needless to say cos of Covid it got put back to September, which didn't happen either. Now it's supposedly March 2021, but I guess that won't happen, so all things going the right way it may end up as Sept 2021. Hopefully normality will be resumed with some kinda outdoor gigs/festies in the summer so at least we get to see some actual live gigs. The last band I saw was Moon Duo last October, and I'm glad to say it was fab. Looked/Sounded something like this.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pktm4Xwog8

Recently saw that Michael Chapman has a couple of new albums out at the mo. Not heard them yet though.
keith a
9574 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 12 December 2020 CE
Dec 16, 2020, 07:16
Monganaut wrote:

Must admit, I found that Lanagan biog hard going, for some reason I got it as an audiobook to listen to when out and about. Only got about halfway through, as whenever I put it on, the missus would refer to it as 'Lanagan's misery fest', a name that sadly stuck. I guess it might read differently, but Lanagan narrates it himself, so for me, that connection just makes it sadder. Love his music, and I always knew he could be a tough S.O.B. but the seemingly endless 'I fucked up again-isms' kinda wore me down in the end.

Oh! :) I've never gone down the audio book route tbh so I can't comment. I thought it was a great read, though - yeah endless 'I fucked up again-isms', but it read as self-deprecating to me with a lack of self-pity. I loved it tbh
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Chris Isaak
Jan 08, 2021, 12:36
I went for the Wicked Game compilation.

Loving it!
jb lamptoast-morsley
jb lamptoast-morsley
2448 posts

Re: Chris Isaak
Jan 08, 2021, 13:58
Excellent! Glad you're digging the old crooner. While he does have his sound and doesn't seem to deviate from what I've heard, he is no one hit wonder
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index