Unsung Forum »
Highlands & Islands Tour 1992

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
frankvink
frankvink
35 posts

Highlands & Islands Tour 1992
Nov 30, 2020, 07:21
Forgive me bursting in out of the blue... There's a recording on Dime A Dozen right now, with an unspecified date: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=694718

I was wondering if anyone can point me towards an itinerary for the Highlands & Islands Tour 1992. This was says it was recorded in July, in Invergordon.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Frank
common era
865 posts

Re: Highlands & Islands Tour 1992
Dec 01, 2020, 20:51
Not sure how strict an itinerary it was during Cope's research days for his megalithic tomes. Have a feeling he simply showed up and played! Taken from HH's Story of...

He also undertakes a Highlands and Islands acoustic tour through July (aka a drude at the monuments) in what he describes as "Skellingtal Performances".

The only recordings I know of from that "tour" are:

Invergordon Athletic Club Jul-92
Portree Gathering Hall, Isle of Skye 7-Jul-92
Aberdeen Lemon Tree 21-Jul-92
frankvink
frankvink
35 posts

Dec 10, 2020, 05:55
common era wrote:
Invergordon Athletic Club Jul-92
Portree Gathering Hall, Isle of Skye 7-Jul-92
Aberdeen Lemon Tree 21-Jul-92

Thanks! I guess we'll never know for sure... All three of these are currently up on Dime-a-Dozen.

Cheers, Frank
moggieboy
moggieboy
29 posts

Dec 10, 2020, 14:12
Cheers for that. Wish I still had my tape of him at Inverness Ice Rink on that tour. I recorded it myself and it was great quality. Alas it never survived countless moves of flat over the years...
moggieboy
moggieboy
29 posts

Dec 10, 2020, 14:58
Cheers for that. Wish I still had my tape of him at Inverness Ice Rink on that tour. I recorded it myself and it was great quality. Alas it never survived countless moves of flat over the years...
Unsung Forum Index