Oct 05, 2020, 16:12
Released this week: Sigue Sigue Sputnik FLAUNT IT
4CD DELUXE CAPACITY WALLET
on Cherry Red Records.

Liner notes by The Seth Man 2020.

The Ultimate Productâ„¢

Let's party!

((((EXPLOSION))))

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/sigue-sigue-sputnik-flaunt-it-4cd-deluxe-capacity-wallet/
Monganaut
Monganaut
2373 posts

Re: Sigue Sigue Sputnik: The 2nd Coming
Oct 06, 2020, 19:44
Saw this over on superdeluxeditions site. Loved them back in the day, remember the fun and chaos of the live gigs. Were they the ultimate post modern pop group? probably, but were (are!..Sigue Sique and Degville et all are stil about in some form) a lot of fun. Apparently they've put the ads back into the running order..don't remember all the companies on the original vinyl release, but a few must have fallen by the wayside by now. And with that giant Jap robot unveiled the other week, we could almost recreate the cover fer real. https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/23/asia/japan-gundam-robot-test-scli-intl-scn/index.html
darrell
49 posts

Re: Sigue Sigue Sputnik: The 2nd Coming
Dec 29, 2020, 16:50
This Sputnik box has been a major part of my Xmas listening - had never really delved in too much prior to this, although a mate that I write with has been trying to convince me of their genius for years. I think I'm hooked now. The 80s Brain Donor.

Main reason I want to comment is to praise The Seth Man for his booklet notes, which I was reading twenty minutes ago while listening to and marvelling at the SSS Abbey Road disc. A rare, in fact possibly unique, example of critic/journo/chronicler being so very simpatico with the group they are enthusing about. Truly great work, man.

* explosion *

* another explosion *
The Seth Man
1241 posts

Sigue Sigue Sputnik ? Your Love Weapon For The Future ?
Dec 30, 2020, 02:52
darrell wrote:
This Sputnik box has been a major part of my Xmas listening - had never really delved in too much prior to this, although a mate that I write with has been trying to convince me of their genius for years. I think I'm hooked now. The 80s Brain Donor.

Main reason I want to comment is to praise The Seth Man for his booklet notes, which I was reading twenty minutes ago while listening to and marvelling at the SSS Abbey Road disc. A rare, in fact possibly unique, example of critic/journo/chronicler being so very simpatico with the group they are enthusing about. Truly great work, man.

* explosion *

* another explosion *

Ahh, that's great, man! Thanks very much.

When FLAUNT IT was first released in the Summer of 1986, I fell in love with it and never looked back.

How could I -- it was the future...!
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Sigue Sigue Sputnik ? Your Love Weapon For The Future ?
Jan 05, 2021, 12:51
Funnily enough I was just speaking to someone about Sputnik! Well, Martin Degvillle, in particular.

I love Flaunt it. They seemed so chaotic to me. I loved the marketing. I should still have the 12" of Love missile F1-11 somewhere, complete with the sleevey-thing wrapped around it.

I was involved with a software house around the time they were trying to find a home for their game, as advertised on said album by Gaz Top. The game wouldn't load. All we could see was a block graphic rendition of the star logo. :D Bless 'em.

I thought they were great fun, and always wanted hair like Degville. I was gutted when I discovered it was a wig. :D I wasn't so keen on their Stock, Aitken and Waterman produced stuff but I might give it another try.

G x
Unsung Forum Index