Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 13 June 2020 CE

8 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 13 June 2020 CE
Jun 15, 2020, 22:28
Finally replaced old CD player with another second hand Sony DVD/SACD fer £15 (I'm too tight to buy new:) Surprised how good it sounds tbh. Tho the Akai one that went Phhszzzzz was over 30 years old, so prehistoric in terms of Cd players...I thought it still sounded OK. Obvs it didn't in comparison.
Enyways, here's a taster of what I've been tuning into....

The Cure - Head on the Door deluxe / Concert Live + B-sides (tape)
Liked HOTD when it was first released, then for teenage music snob reasons decided I didn't like it and gave away the record. Tuned into my daughters copy and was pleasantly surprised how good it was. When I first started playing bass, used to love playing along to Screw. Some good tracks on the B-side of Concert tape, though I still think it's a bit of a shit live record itself.
The Gun Club - Fire Of Love / Da Blood Done Signed My Name
LIARS - 1/1 OST
Einsturzende Neubauten - Strategies IV 2002-10
Earthling - Radar
Your Right JB...just you and Simon like this one....(music was OK, just disliked the 6th form quality of the 'rapping')
Grails - Black Tar Prophecies 1-6
1-3 is great. 4-6 has it's moments, but nowhere near as good.
Sabbath - Black Sabbath / Paranoid/ Mob Rules
Bunnymen - Ocean Rain
Banshees, Best of 2 CD/DVD
Doors - Morison Hotel (40th anniv mixes)
Broadcast - Pendulum EP, Tender Buttons
Human League - Dare
Stones - Let It Bled/ Beggars Banquet SACD
Simple Minds - Sons and Fascination
Don't play this, or Sister Feelings Call nearly enough, always enjoy them when I tune in.
Cope - Autogeddon (remaster)
Stooges - Funhouse 7 disc (don't own it, mate sent me MP3's years ago)
Didn't listen to it all (obvs!) but dipped in here and there. Some interesting versions/mixes amongst the many many takes of songs.
V/A - Dreams to Fill the Vacuum; The Sound of Sheffield 1977-1988
Many of the usual suspects appear on this 4 disc collection, but also some great bands/tracks that are totally new to me. Worth a punt if you've more than a passing interest in the Sheffield music scene.
https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/dreams-to-fill-the-vacuum-the-sound-of-sheffield-1978-1988-various-artists-4cd-bookpack/

Have a goody and keep well.x

Unsung Forum Index