Unsung Forum »
C. C. C.

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Paul Higgins
85 posts

C. C. C.
Mar 14, 2020, 06:42
CORONA CONCERT CANCELLATIONS

Well that is it I think fellow music lovers/concert addicts it looks like we won't be getting our audio/visual kicks at concerts for quite some time... maybe three or four months??? who knows??? woke up this morning to hear the government are about to ban all large gathering events in this country.... I expect JC will announce soon he is cancelling his re-scheduled gigs in Brum etc..

I had tickets for JC, Lee Scratch Perry, Sun Ra Arkestra, Nick Cave, Oh Sees, Chic, Funkadelic & Beck ....and looks like I won't be going to any of them (sobs like a baby)!!!!

Time to stay in, read good books, listen to shit hot tunes and maybe even work on my artistic side.

Grim uncertain times!!!! Shit weather, floods and now Corona!!!!!

Is it 2021 yet??? Please??
moggieboy
moggieboy
29 posts

Re: C. C. C.
Mar 14, 2020, 10:15
Looks like Primavera with it's "best lineup ever" is gonna bite the dust as well. Grim.
Kid Calamity
9045 posts

Mar 14, 2020, 12:31
A friend of mine was suddenly elated that he gotten tickets for a little Robert Plant gig, in Shrewsbury.

It had originally sold out in minutes of a very hush-hush announcement, so he'd been added to a waiting list for returns. Obviously, not expecting to hear anything about it again.

On Friday, enough tickets had been returned for him to be able to gleefully boast he'd finally got 'em! Within minutes, crestfallen, he told me the gig had been scrapped.
Paul Higgins
85 posts

Mar 14, 2020, 15:25
hang on a minute....

Is this moggieboy who used to be on the Primal Scream Webadelica forum????

We meet again Sir!!!

I was 'fly me home on a...' on there!!!

Remember you were/are a big Weatherall fan!!! Sad news about his passing!!! The world is a much less interesting place!

I've left the good ship Primal Scream now - it was a blast on that forum and they WERE my favourite band but that time has passed. I still stand by Vanishing Point/XTRMNTR/Evil Heat but too much stuff has happened with them I haven't liked since. Saw them live in 2016 with just Inness on guitar and it just was very underwhelming!!! They are a nostalgia act now - I don't think they will make any new music of any value ....but I'd like to be proved wrong.

Nice to meet again ...and in forum world!!!
Unsung Forum Index