9 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Edited Feb 09, 2020, 16:43
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 8 February 2020 CE
Feb 09, 2020, 16:41
Woohoo, it's windy out there...love it! Anyways, have been battling a three week long cold that I can't seem to shake no matter how many supplements I neck.....the sorest throat I've ever had fer a week or more.....even my missus agrees it's more than man flu this time. Still, at least it gives me an excuse to sit back and tune out fer a while.

Liars - 1/1 OST
Said last week it was my fav Liars release of the last several years...turns out from finally reading the cover it was recorded in 2014, so probably the last 'real' Liars album before they became 2 them 1, which probably explains my preference.

Stooges - Fun House/ Raw Power (x3)
Raw Power X3. 1x = Original vinyl (scratchy, old, much loved/abused). 2x = Iggys 'this one goes to 11' remix (loved it when it was released, not so much now). 3x = The recentish remaster of Bowie version which I think is my fav' sonically. Does it sound different, well yeah, but in subtle ways it's hard to put my finger on Vocals are more to the fore on some songs, guitar on others. all tracks sound cleaner/ better balanced to my ears, but hey, I could just be imagining it all in my tiny mind.

Iggy - Zombie Birdhouse/Soldier/Party
Not his best period. Zombie is head and shoulders above the other two though.

Alien Sex Fiend - Possessed

F.U.S.E. - Dimensions

VA - Electrical Language; Independent British Synth Pop 78-84

Warmduscher - Tainted Lunch

Calvert - Capt Lockheed....

Bowie - Stage/Ziggy Motion picture

These two GWAR moments on youtube made me chuckle.
I'm hooked on the San Fran/Hollywood Ameoba Records 'what's in my bag' series where they hassle a ramdom celeb about what they've bought. Anyhow GWAR is my fav of the series so far. The other is a surprisingly good GWAR cover of PSB 'West End Girls' which works sooooo good as a metal song. Always loved their Warhammer 40 000 garb. That's dedication.
GWAR - West End Girls + People Who Died (Jim Carroll Band Seque) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i-uPX1dt_w
What's In My Bag - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pe5nBasiOA

Sure there was more, but my heads a bit foggy. Have a good one!

Unsung Forum Index