Cole's new record deal
Aug 29, 2019, 20:05
https://twitter.com/MusicWeek/status/1166666804015620096?s=20

Interesting development!
drudeawakening
138 posts

Re: Cole's new record deal
Aug 30, 2019, 12:14
One can assume the writing is finished, and there's now going to be a greater focus on solo output, after a few years' hiatus.

We've got a lot of good stuff to look forward to then, including this record, three - count 'em - books, a tour and a Modern Antiquarian mobile app.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Aug 30, 2019, 14:17
drudeawakening wrote:
One can assume the writing is finished, and there's now going to be a greater focus on solo output, after a few years' hiatus.

We've got a lot of good stuff to look forward to then, including this record, three - count 'em - books, a tour and a Modern Antiquarian mobile app.

Interesting move. I wonder is this is strictly for Cope solo albums, and all the other wonderful weird projects remain on HH.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Cope's new record deal
Aug 30, 2019, 15:05
Looks like a publishing deal to me
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Aug 30, 2019, 16:01
Hopefully, new solo music to be released through them. As far as I'm aware he's still with Faber & Faber with regard to books.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Cope's new record deal
Aug 30, 2019, 17:09
anthonyqkiernan wrote:
Looks like a publishing deal to me

That makes sense. Maybe they will be able to promote his songs a bit further afield than HH has been able to do. Most people know him as former TX and 80s solo artist. I would argue his work of the last 20 years has surpassed any of that which came before it.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Aug 31, 2019, 17:00
I hope it makes it easier for him to keep entertaining us well into old age.
Makkr
307 posts

Aug 31, 2019, 17:05
Yeah, I agree.

Cope always said years ago that he would carry on doing what he's doing until he's physically unable to.

So, hopefully a good few more years yet !!!!
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

Re: Cope's new deal
Aug 31, 2019, 17:21
I reckon he's looking to have his old stuff used on programmes like Stranger Things and cashing in on it.

Ian McNabb has had a really good cash back from the first series because they used Icicle Works tracks and it has worked to spark interest in his back catalogue and new stuff.

kerching ! £££££

Perhaps East Easy Rider will actually advertise jeans after all ?
keith a
9572 posts

Sep 01, 2019, 20:25
A little more info here...

https://www.musicweek.com/publishing/read/he-s-a-true-polymath-julian-cope-signs-to-warner-chappell-music/077221
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index