Re: Dope feat. Fuck Authority - Black Math album
Jul 21, 2019, 15:55
Ah, of course! Duh. Thanks man.
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Jul 22, 2019, 18:27
I'm really blow away by this album. 13 and 13 pt.2 are outstanding cuts. Dark, cosmic grooves that recall an acoustic Cluster or Taj Mahal Travelers as a medieval black metal act: visions of rural spaceships made of creaking oak and astronauts with hangmen's hoods.

Daring and unpredictable, kudos to these guys for following their muse into the woods at night.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Jul 22, 2019, 18:46
Zariadris wrote:
I'm really blow away by this album. 13 and 13 pt.2 are outstanding cuts. Dark, cosmic grooves that recall an acoustic Cluster or Taj Mahal Travelers as a medieval black metal act: visions of rural spaceships made of creaking oak and astronauts with hangmen's hoods.

Daring and unpredictable, kudos to these guys for following their muse into the woods at night.

I'm playing this again today. Not sure what I think yet, was not what I was expecting, but it never is when it comes to JC.
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Edited Jul 22, 2019, 19:15
Jul 22, 2019, 19:14
Hope you enjoy it too. Headphones and a cold glass of beer might help. And dim those lights
Monganaut
Monganaut
2380 posts

Jul 22, 2019, 21:16
"visions of rural spaceships made of creaking oak and astronauts with hangmen's hoods"
Ha ha, that's a very evocative description, love it! You may enjoy the Italian band Mamuthones self titled album, it can be picked up fairly cheaply, or drop me a line if you think it may be your type of thing, I'll post you a RAR.
https://www.discogs.com/Mamuthones-Mamuthones/release/3113765
Few tracks on youtube..
First Born - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPF-kSSTTio
Kash-O-Kashak - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLKF10C1smY
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Edited Jul 23, 2019, 19:36
Jul 23, 2019, 19:36
Zariadris wrote:
Hope you enjoy it too. Headphones and a cold glass of beer might help. And dim those lights

2 spins later and its a decent effort. I think the Dirges album will get more spins overall, but I don't dislike it. I might have to give Drunken Songs another chance while I'm at it.
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Jul 24, 2019, 22:46
Citizensmurf wrote:
Zariadris wrote:

2 spins later and its a decent effort. I think the Dirges album will get more spins overall, but I don't dislike it. I might have to give Drunken Songs another chance while I'm at it.

After few listens this resonates probably even better with me than the "7 Disquieting Dirges".

And. Drunken Songs is fucking excellent man!
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index