Head To Head
Register
Unsung Forum »
Tangerine Dream-In Search Of Hades: The Virgin Recordings 73-79 (16cd + 2 Blu Ray)

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Edited Apr 13, 2019, 17:26
Tangerine Dream-In Search Of Hades: The Virgin Recordings 73-79 (16cd + 2 Blu Ray)
Apr 13, 2019, 17:25
For those who may not have seen this yet. Most likely available from all normal retailers. I'm super excited about the unreleased stuff + 5.1 mixes.

https://shop.musicvaultz.com/*/Box-Sets/In-Search-of-Hades-The-Virgin-Recordings-73-79-16CD-2BluRay/64IC0KRB000

"Tangerine Dream were one of the true pioneers of electronic and ambient music and the albums they recorded for Virgin Records between 1973 and 1979 remain classics of the genre. 'In Search of Hades: The Virgin Recordings 1973 - 1979 - is the definitive statement of this period in Tangerine Dream's history, featuring newly remastered versions of the albums 'Phaedra', 'Rubycon', 'Ricochet', 'Stratosfear', 'Encore', 'Cyclone' and 'Force Majeure' all drawn from the original first generation master tapes, and new Stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound mixes of 'Phaedra' and 'Ricochet' by Steven Wilson. 'In Search of Hades' includes 8 CDs of previously unreleased material; 3 London concerts in full (Victoria Palace Theatre in 1974, The Rainbow Theatre in 1974 and Royal Albert Hall in 1975) along with the previously unreleased full soundtrack to 'Oedipus Tyrannus', recorded in July 1974 and remixed in 5.1 Surround Sound and Stereo by Steven Wilson."
Boxnudger
Boxnudger
246 posts

Re: Tangerine Dream-In Search Of Hades: The Virgin Recordings 73-79 (16cd + 2 Blu Ray)
Apr 16, 2019, 11:16
Strangely this item has very quickly been removed from this and all other websites. Super Deluxe Edition say it will be back online by Thursday. I wonder why.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Tangerine Dream-In Search Of Hades: The Virgin Recordings 73-79 (16cd + 2 Blu Ray)
Apr 16, 2019, 17:50
Boxnudger wrote:
Strangely this item has very quickly been removed from this and all other websites. Super Deluxe Edition say it will be back online by Thursday. I wonder why.

It's possible the release date was pushed out. Supposed to be officially announced Friday.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Apr 18, 2019, 19:30
Sounds amazing, is it going to be pricey?
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Apr 18, 2019, 20:17
All these years I'm still enthralled by the The Bootleg Box Set Vol. 1 - have you guys heard it? Superb, classic TG covering roughly this period, from 74-76 over 7 discs. Ah, to have been at one of those gigs....
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Apr 18, 2019, 22:42
I love the Bootleg Box Set, and I was lucky enough to be at one of the gigs - the Albert Hall one with John Peel as MC. It was a formative gig for the teenage me.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Apr 19, 2019, 00:28
Squid Tempest wrote:
I love the Bootleg Box Set, and I was lucky enough to be at one of the gigs - the Albert Hall one with John Peel as MC. It was a formative gig for the teenage me.

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/tangerine-dream-in-search-of-hades-the-virgin-recordings-1973-1979/#more-149290

Listed again.

Cheapest place for UK is Burning Shed £115.00

https://burningshed.com/tangerine-dream_in-search-of-hades_boxset?filter_name=Tangerine%20dream&filter_sub_category=true

That same Albert Hall gig is in this box, hopefully with improved sound.
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Apr 19, 2019, 11:12
I've a rather hazy memory of that one ; )....would love it if the complete Fairfield Halls one which formed half of Ricochet was released - must've been the Virgin mobile studio...was at that one too.
Zariadris
Zariadris
286 posts

Edited Apr 19, 2019, 12:42
Apr 19, 2019, 12:38
Squid Tempest wrote:

No shit! Every time I listen to that set from now on I'll be thinking of you.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Apr 19, 2019, 17:46
Zariadris wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:

What was the light show like? What images, of the overall experience, have stayed in mind? What did the audience look like?

Cheeseplants (yes, cheeseplants, in pots) and burning incense at the front of the stage, ultraviolet lights lighting bits of the stage. After John Peel's intro the stage was in darkness, and all you could see were the winking lights of sequencers, first one row, then another...
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index