Unsung Forum »
Double Vegetation - bit of a query...

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tippy wooder
85 posts

Edited Mar 23, 2019, 15:58
Double Vegetation - bit of a query...
Mar 23, 2019, 15:58
The version on Floored Genius 2 was recorded 'in session' for the BBC - the Richard Skinner show, June 1989... Do my ears deceive me, or is there some sort of mispressing gone on somewhere..? Isn't this the exact version that ended up on the Peggy Suicide album?
Boxnudger
Boxnudger
246 posts

Re: Double Vegetation - bit of a query...
Mar 23, 2019, 16:19
I used to work with Moon-Eye's then girlfriend. She told me that after they recorded the BBC session version they went into the studio, but couldn't recreate the vibe or performance, so they naughtily used the BBC version instead.

She also said that, when performing I Gotta Walk on TOTP, Moon-Eye had a balaclava pulled down over his face so he didn't get recognised by anyone from the Jobcentre.

All lies I'm sure...
tippy wooder
85 posts

Re: Double Vegetation - bit of a query...
Mar 23, 2019, 16:42
Boxnudger wrote:
I used to work with Moon-Eye's then girlfriend. She told me that after they recorded the BBC session version they went into the studio, but couldn't recreate the vibe or performance, so they naughtily used the BBC version instead.

She also said that, when performing I Gotta Walk on TOTP, Moon-Eye had a balaclava pulled down over his face so he didn't get recognised by anyone from the Jobcentre.

All lies I'm sure...

That would explain it!
Unsung Forum Index