Register
Unsung Forum »
Best Dope?

Topic View: Flat | Threaded
drudeawakening
138 posts

Best Dope?
Mar 04, 2019, 15:59
With the hopeful prospect we’ll get more Dope coming to our ears soon, what’s your favourite release by them, and why?
thesussexidler
64 posts

Re: Best Dope?
Mar 04, 2019, 17:19
Village Idiot. Why? Just feels right! Gave the F*ck Authority disc another spin yesterday - you should have seen the Mrs's face!!!!!!!
MARTASE
MARTASE
603 posts

Mar 04, 2019, 18:54
I might well be with you there on the strength of the track 'Frenzy...' which is on YouTube. Annoyingly missed out on buying the CD! Otherwise Dope on Drugs largely cos of The Binding of Loki... Why? Just up there with the best of Copey imo- psychedelically alive like little else.

Anybody prepared to burn/upload us a copy of VID? Would be hugely appreciative! X
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Mar 04, 2019, 19:18
For a complete album, I'd have to say 7 Dirges. Though I like certain songs/parts on all of them, 7 Dirges is a great album all the way through.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Mar 04, 2019, 19:54
Drop me a line for VID, I'll get you a copy on We Transfer.

As to fav's, prob Dope On Drugs. I feel it has a 'flow' the others lack somewhat. Tested out on the hills in rain and bluster, and powered me on through the worst of it with a spring in me step. Also, probably played it the most, so maybe some bias going on here. Yup! Looking forward to more Dope this year hopefully.
tinribs
12 posts

Mar 09, 2019, 08:49
Been listening to lots of Dope recently, the cassette releases are great. Village Idiot - all three tracks superb. Love it's been good for you, always gets me into a trance, I can recommend sticking it on in the cans while going for a pacy walk.

Not been able to get hold of a copy of Guerrilla Grow and have massive FOMO after SethMan's praise for this. Might anyone be able to share?
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Mar 11, 2019, 02:35
MARTASE wrote:
I might well be with you there on the strength of the track 'Frenzy...' which is on YouTube. Annoyingly missed out on buying the CD! Otherwise Dope on Drugs largely cos of The Binding of Loki... Why? Just up there with the best of Copey imo- psychedelically alive like little else.

Anybody prepared to burn/upload us a copy of VID? Would be hugely appreciative! X

It's back on the merch page, geddit.
Arbor
Arbor
35 posts

Edited Mar 13, 2019, 12:51
Mar 13, 2019, 12:47
Really really enjoying Village Idiot Dope today. It's so trancey!
Other than that I think 7 Dirges is my favourite. Unlike anything JC has done before (afaik)

Have any regulars here got hold of or heard "John Balance Enters Valhalla"?
ThreeFingeredPete
12 posts

Mar 14, 2019, 11:47
I really like the tripped Dee Dee Ramona Story, it's the sweet ass guitar which turns to insane psychedelia I love, swirling synths and reverse whatever's etc.

Dope on drugs is a great laugh with catchy 'leave yourself behind'.

7 Dirges is so different but puts me is a surreal dark place, brilliant!
Unsung Forum Index