Unsung Forum »
Cope Re-Releases

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tippy wooder
85 posts

Re: Cope Re-Releases
Apr 06, 2018, 09:59
Update: Order now showing 1st May delivery! For Jehovahkill AND Peggy Suicide!
daveroberts45
30 posts

Apr 15, 2018, 08:52
PS does have Uptight on it, and the slightly longer version of Drive She Said - and sounds great!! All 4 vinyl re-issues sound great.

Here's hoping for the box sets later in the year!!!
penttik
penttik
12 posts

Apr 19, 2018, 10:51
Jehovahkill vinyl despatched from Amazon today.
Mantid
100 posts

Apr 19, 2018, 14:48
I received Jehovahkill vinyl the other day and it sounds great to me. I can't tell if it is from a problematic master - all I know is I had it on CD in the 90s, digitized that at some point, have long since lost the CD, and that is what I am used to listening to. This sounds... I dunno if it is very different, I think I am listening to it louder via excitement, but pleasantly nuanced and lots going on in the stereo separation.
bluntlaser
64 posts

Apr 20, 2018, 09:29
I was slightly underwhelmed with the new Jehovahkill, so i put on the original, unfortunately it pisses over the new reissue. Not sure on the source of the reissue but its just nowhere near as clear or dynamic as the original. Probably just a digital master. I'll now do the same with Peggy.
bluntlaser
64 posts

Apr 20, 2018, 09:37
Also it seems the wav download is from the deluxe disaster remaster from a few years back. Can anyone else confirm this? It could be a slight improvement on that actually but still clipping and extra noise that doesn't exist on the original. Check out start of No Hard Shoulder as an example.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Apr 20, 2018, 13:03
Dunno, still got my original Peggy LP, and deluxe CD and 1st edition CD, ditto for the rest of the releases too, so unlikely to fork out fer em' again tbh.
I read the original Peggy CD has superior sound to the deluxe remaster, but I'm almost deaf as a post in my dotage, so probably doesn't really matter.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Apr 20, 2018, 18:52
Apr 20, 2018, 17:55
Monganaut wrote:
Dunno, still got my original Peggy LP, and deluxe CD and 1st edition CD, ditto for the rest of the releases too, so unlikely to fork out fer em' again tbh.
I read the original Peggy CD has superior sound to the deluxe remaster, but I'm almost deaf as a post in my dotage, so probably doesn't really matter.

I still play both my original Peggy and Jehovakill CDs. A year or two back I got audio CDs (HQ copied on a standalone audio CD burner) from the deluxe CD re-issues... and to my mind the originals piss all over the remasters. The additional tracks/ extra material is always good to get but I'm a mite skeptical about the proper "original" album-content re-masters and the reports back I read.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Apr 20, 2018, 23:40
A few yers ago I picked up a cheap charidee shop find of the old virgin records edition of the Stones 'Sticky Fingers' album that I've now read is the edition closest to the original album sound, and has almost become the definitive edition on CD. My thinking is that those 'original' releases are what the artist was happy with at the original time of release, so there must be some merit in their sound quality. The sound definition and seperation is way better than those volume boosted 'remasters' I've heard. If it ain't loud enough, just crank it some more fer christs sake. As you say, the extras that come with those deluxe editions are nice (though in many instances, if you have the singles etc released from the time, you've pretty much got all you could want, bar the barrel scraping). I loved that crazy Iggy' this one goes to 11' remix of Raw Power for a few years after it's release, but when the Bowie release got a dust off, I quickly replaced my waaay tired vinyl with the new CD and went back to that, simply cos' that's the version I fell in love with and grew up with. Newer isn't always better. Having said all that, I've still suckered myself into pre-ordering the 3 CD total/everything of the time reissue of Metamatic coming out on Foxx's lable next month, so whadda I Know ;)
ottospooky
62 posts

Apr 21, 2018, 15:49
Stood staring at Jehovahkill and Peggy in HMV today (our independent record store closed down late last year, frustratingly) £27.99 a piece. I couldn’t justify it.

I don’t have the original releases on vinyl, I have them on CD so I don’t think there’s really any point in buying reissues of anything at those sort of prices, no matter how good they apparently sound.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index